ReportsnReports.com: Research Report on Global and Chinese Tablet Computer Markets, 2011-2012
08-Jul-2011 | News-Press Release
In 2010, Apple’s iPad tablet computers aroused great attention in international IT market as well as Chinese tablet computer market without exception. Good sales of Apple iPad makes international computer manufacturers successively try to be involved in the tablet computer market, and Chinese domestic manufacturers are also eager to have a try. At present, tablet computer products of dozens of brands are sold in Chinese market, and prices range from several hundred RMB to several thousand RMB.
In 2010, global tablet computer sales volume was 17 million, in which sales volume of Apple iPad exceeded 14 million, occupying major shares of over 80% of market shares in the entire global table computer market. There were over 50 brands in Chinese tablet computer market, but users’ attention to tablet computers was mainly centered on Apple. In 2010, Chinese tablet computer market mainly possessed 9 specifications of screen sizes, among which 7-inch tablet computer products occupied over 30%, mainly because Samsung, Hanvon and other brands initially involved in the tablet computer field mostly adopted this specification of screen size.
Good sales of iPad makes Apple iOS occupy a large proportion of market shares. However, Android enjoys an obvious advantage in proportion of product quantity since Google opens the support of Android system for other hardware platforms.
Based on advantages of manufacturing solutions and Android open-source systems of foreign manufacturers, current emulational tablet computer manufacture has a low threshold, and only needs the initial investment of hundreds of thousands of RMB. Costs of emulational product manufacturers are extremely low compared with brand tablet computer manufacturers.
Sold at the retail prices of CNY 500-3,000 in Chinese market, emulational tablet computers mainly adopt 7-inch and 10.10-inch displays, and also have 9.70-inch 4:3 displays emulating those of iPad. Emulational tablet computers enter emerging countries and regions by virtue of their price advantages and obtain an initial success.
In 2010, sales volume of Chinese tablet computers was about 1.50 million. The annual growth rate is expected to reach 80%-150% in the next few years, and a considerable part of the market will be occupied by emulational tablet computers.
Through this report, more following information can be acquired:
• Status quo of global and Chinese tablet computer markets
• Tablet computer industry chain analysis
• Competition of tablet computer market
• Hotspots in tablet computer market
• Development trend of tablet computer market
Following persons are recommended to buy this report:
• Tablet computer manufacturers
• Tablet computer software enterprises
• Tablet computer trading enterprises
• Investors and research institutions concerned about tablet computer market
• Other people concerned about tablet computer market
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 75,000 market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: +1-888-989-8004 EXT 106
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Chinese Tablet Computer IndustryIT & Telecommunication Market Research ReportsIT Market ResearchIT Market Research ReportsTelecommunication Market ResearchTelecommunication Market Research Reports
- ReportsnReports.com: Mobile Commerce 360
- ReportsnReports.com: Geographic Information System (GIS) in APAC 2010-2014
- ReportsnReports.com: Asia Pacific Computational Fluid Dynamics Software Market 2010-2014
- ReportsnReports.com: Mobile Local Search 2011: Location-based Search Market
- ReportsnReports.com: Wireless Emergency Services Research Package
- ReportsnReports.com: Mobile Value Added Service (VAS): Markets, Applications, and Opportunities
- ReportsnReports.com: India - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and ForecastsReportsnReports.com: India - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- ReportsnReports.com: Service Delivery Platform (SDP) Solutions and Market Opportunities
- ReportsnReports.com: Asia Mobile Operators
- ReportsnReports.com: Middle East and Africa (MEA) System Integration (SI) Services Market Analysis and Forecast (2011-2016)