ReportsnReports.com: Developments in Neurostimulation
14-Jul-2011 | News-Press Release
The magnitude of research and development executed in neurostimulation innovation is high. Some of the prominent areas in neurostimulation where extensive clinical trails are executed include deep brain stimulation (DBS), spinal cord stimulation (SCS), and microstimulation.
Buy Now: Developments in Neurostimulation
Browse All: Healthcare Market Research Reports
Features and benefits
• Identify the specific diseases for which neurostimulation has potential applicability.
• Understand the scientific principles underlying neurostimulation technologies, and how the devices differ between disease areas.
• Assess the areas in which further research is necessary before neurostimulation devices become widespread clinical tools.
• Examine the most prominent challenges remaining to be solved and analyze the hurdles that have slowed progress.
• Gain an overview of key companies in the field and compare their level of research activity and areas of research focus.
The microstimulator was proposed to be a single point solution, being capable of treating all neurological pathologies. The Bion microstimulator has shown considerable promise, but since its aquisition by Boston Scientific, progress to the market has slowed dramatically.
Progress in the development of devices for drop foot and grasp is limited by two main challenges. The first is the need for placing electrodes at more than one location, because muscles work in groups. The second is battery life, owing to the high current needed to stimulate the large muscles, and the highly variable patient to patient usage.
Deep brain stimulation has shown promise for the treatment of both depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder, although such use remains at a nascent stage and larger scale trials will be necessary to provide conclusive evidence.
Your key questions answered
• What are the prominent neurological pathologies that are the subject of research into treatment by the application of neurostimulation devices?
• How will neurostimulation devices evolve over the next decade?
• What research challenges prevail in the application of neurostimulation devices?
• What key neurostimulation patent applications have been published recently?
• How successful is transcranial magnetic stimulation in treatment of depression?
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 75,000 market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: +1-888-989-8004 EXT 106
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ReportsnReports.com: The Dermatology Market Outlook to 2016
- ReportsnReports.com: RFID in Healthcare Industry 2010-2014
- ReportsnReports.com: Hospital Information System in India 2010-2014
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Healthcare Cold Chain Logistics Market Report & Forecast (2011-2016)
- ReportsnReports.com: GlaxoSmithKline plc: PharmaVitae Profile
- ReportsnReports.com: Genzyme Corporation
- ReportsnReports.com: AstraZeneca: PharmaVitae Profile