ReportsnReports.com: Global Smartphone Security Market by Operating Systems, Ownership & Features (2011 - 2016)
14-Sep-2011 | News-Press Release
The advancements in technology have made available a variety of features that were earlier accessible through personal computers to be easily accessed through mobile phones; for instance, web browsing, emailing, and others. Popularity of applications such as Facebook, Twitter, and others has increased the usage of mobile phones in order to update the status messages instantly on the move.
As the usage of smartphone is increasing; their vulnerability to viruses, spams and malwares floating on the web is also on the rise. Smartphones are also required to be made safe and secure as we do for personal computers. This has necessitated and boosted the growth of smartphone security market. Though PC viruses have been in existence for over 25 years, mobile viruses’ have very recently started to enter in the market from about 2004 onwards.
MarketsandMarkets expects the Global Smartphone Security Market by Operating Systems, Ownership & Features (2011 – 2016) to grow from 387.15 million in 2010 to $2964.89 million by 2016 at a CAGR of 43.97% from 2011 to 2016. Key issue in the industry today is battery overdrain and mobile handset and security software incompatibility.
Browse All: Telecommunication Market
The overall smartphone security market is segmented on the basis of mobile operating systems, ownership, and features. Mobile operating systems consist of following operating systems: Symbian, Android, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, iOS, and Other OS. The market by ownership is segmented into individual and business segment. The market by features is segmented into anti-virus, anti-theft, anti-phishing, encryption, anti-spam, and others. Others include anti-malware, privacy audit, and parental control.
The global smartphone security market is segmented into four geographies: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Japan, and ROW (Rest of the world). Europe forms the largest segment with about 32% of the overall market, followed by North America whereas; APJ is the fastest growing region with a CAGR of 48.58%.
Scope of the report
The report provides extensive analysis of “global smartphone security market segmented on the basis of mobile operating systems, ownership, and features including current market trends, industry drivers, and challenges for better understanding of the market. This report covers the strategies followed by “global smartphone security” players.
This section discusses the market definition of “global smartphone security market”. It also discusses the way market is segmented and the methodology and assumptions considered for forecasting the revenue. The winning imperatives, along with the burning issues in the market are covered as well. Drivers, restraints, and opportunities for “global smartphone security market” has also been covered in this section.
This research report categorizes the global smartphone security market for forecasting the revenue and analyzing the trends in each of the following submarkets:
On the basis of operating systems
• iPhone OS
• Others (Bada, Palm, Linux, and Java OS)
On the basis of type of users
On the basis of security features
• Data encryption
• Others (Anti-malware, anti-spyware, anti-spam, privacy audit, and parental control)
On the basis of geography
• North America
• Asia-Pacific & Japan (APJ)
• ROW (Rest of the World)
• Geographic analysis
This section provides a brief overview of all the geographies pertaining to global smartphone security market segmented on the basis of mobile operating systems, ownership, and features, it covers the trends prevailing in each geography and the factors which are impacting the overall market in that particular geography.
This section provides the company profiles of major companies participating in the “global smartphone security market by operating system ownership & features”. Company profiles include a brief overview of the company, primary business, financial overview, strategies followed by developments.
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Smartphone Security MarketSmartphonesIT and Telecommunication Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Luxury Retailing: Market Size, Brand Strategies and Competitor Performance
- ReportsnReports.com: SiC Market
- ReportsnReports.com: Emerging Markets for Microfluidic Applications (EMMA 2011)
- ReportsnReports.com: WLCSP Market & Industrial Trends
- ReportsnReports.com: Outlet Center Retailing in Europe: Major Players, Strategies and New Opportunities
- ReportsnReports.com: Crop Protection Chemicals Market by Type (Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Bio-pesticides and Adjuvants)
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Enterprise VoWLAN Single-mode and DECT Phone Market
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Home Automation and Control Systems Market by Products and Technologies (2011-2016)
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Clinical Trials Market (2007 - 2010)
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Building Automation & Control Systems Market by Products, Applications & Technologies (2011 – 2016)