Dharamshila Hospital Start its Cancer OPD in Ford Hospital Patna, Bihar from 4th-5th Feburary 2012
03-Feb-2012 | News-Press Release
New Delhi, Feburary 1, 2012 Dharamshila Hospital And Research Centre, India’s first and only NABH accredited Cancer Hospital, going to start its Cancer OPD in Bihar at Ford Hospital And Research Centre, Patna on 4th and 5th Feburary 2012.
Bihar has recorded an alarming rise in the incidence of cancer with an estimated 200,000 people suffering from this killer disease. Lack of awareness among the people about the disease coupled with illiteracy and poverty have exposed them to the disease. Lack of proper medical facilities and trained and qualified cancer specialists / oncologists in the state added to the problem.
To fill the gap, Dharamshila Hospital and Research Centre (DHRC) and Ford Hospital And Research Centre (FHRC) came together in Bihar to provide quality cancer screening by top notch cancer specialists.
To start with, a team of Cancer Experts from Dharamshila Hospital, Delhi will come fortnightly to cater the cancer patients in Bihar. This will really help cancer patients of Bihar who wants to come to Delhi for second opinion and further treatment. To save time and money, they can get second opinion and initial lab and radiology investigations at Ford Hospital, Bihar. For more details, call at 9693871916.
About Dharamshila Hospital AND Research Center
Dharamshila Hospital And Research (DHRC), one of the largest Cancer Hospitals in India and IS recognized as the first and only cancer hospital of India, accredited by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH), was established on 19 April 1990. Promoted by Dharamshila Cancer Foundation and Research Centre (DCFRC), DHRC was established with the sole aim of providing comprehensive cancer care to cancer patients and make cancer treatment available, accessible and affordable.
The first phase of Dharamshila Hospital and Research Centre (DHRC) with 100 beds was commissioned in 1994 and expanded to 300 beds in 2008. The hospital, today, has evolved into North India's premier cancer institute, treating all types of cancers.
About Ford Hospital, Patna
Ford Hospital and Research Centre (FHRC) was established in Patna, Bihar, India in Year 2008 and officially inaugurated by Chief Minister of Bihar Shri Nitish Kumar on 24th August 2010, with the sole objective of providing advance healthcare services to the people of Bihar. The first phase of the hospital was commissioned on 24 August 2010 with 60 beds. The hospital has now expanded to 105 beds and is the one of the largest private hospital of Bihar.
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Self Examination is Best Tool to Detect Early Signs of Cancer, Say Doctors
- Dharamshila Hospital Urges To Join Hands To Fight Against Cancer In Children
- Dharamshila Hospital Organized A Live Workshop on Composite Resection with Micro vascular Free Fibular Flap Reconstruction
- Clinical Radiation Oncology Training at Mannheim Medical Centre, Germany
- School children does Gandhigiri with ITC
- Dharamshila Cancer Hospital focuses on Cervical Cancer
- Immediate Proactive Steps Needed To Control The Situation Arising Out Of Smoking And Tobacco Habits
- Breast Cancer-Breast Conservation Is A Possibility
- Dharamshila Cancer Hospital in India pioneers in performing challenging Head and Neck Cancer Surgery