The Real Unemployment Rate In South Africa
22-Feb-2012 | News-Press Release
According to StatsSA the unemployment rate is actually 38%. There are an additional 2.2 million people who have stopped looking for work, which is presented in the StatsSa figures but are conveniently dealt with "below the line" when the 25% unemployment rate is calculated.
In the USA from 1977-2007 big business reduced their workforce by 1 million a year and on average new businesses employed 3 million people a year on average.
The annual net gain of 2 million employees each year in the US was directly attributable to the starting of new businesses.
I started a career portal as a recruitment and job creation website during the past few months. I am already employing 9 people directly and numerous others indirectly who work for our auditors, lawyers, advertising, marketing, website services, etc.
This revolutionary job portal’s job creation services are to be launched from the second quarter of 2012. It focuses on:
1. Training and developing entrepreneurial skills.
2. Details of over 3500 skills training programmes to create skills needed for the workplace.
3. Entrepreneur recommendations and referrals to promote them more fully.
4. Business leads providers to increase their business turnovers and create further employment.
5. Graduate programmes for graduates.
6. Internships and learnerships, and much more.
All of these job creation services on this job portal are free and we want to live up to our slogan “Let’s Get South Africa Working™.
The creation of sustainable and growing small businesses is the only way to create new job opportunities. That presupposed we have to teach, instil training and enthuse young people to know how to become successful entrepreneurs and not just peddlers of newspapers, fruit and window washers at street corners.
The real issue is that very few people, if any, at government level have any idea of how to be an entrepreneur. So they simply talk about the need for entrepreneurs as they do about global warming because the "sound bite" makes them look good.
Having been a successful entrepreneur for over 35 years I know how hard but rewarding it is to be an entrepreneur. This efficient career portal will be the vehicle to teach and assist entrepreneurs in South Africa, all for free.
Then the "pie in the sky" government's vote catching projections about reducing unemployment might have a chance of becoming real.
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- South African Women in Business Senior Management at 28%
- Motorcycle Trips Equal Big Fun
- Can Extra lessons Improve South Africa’s Failing Education System?
- Job Creation For Women Can Tap Into An Under-Utilised Workforce
- Imagine Life Without Telecommunication Services
- The Impact Of Internet And Telecommunication Engineering In Our Lives
- Ecosfera: Rigenerare Un Quartiere, L’Esperienza di San Girolamo a Bari
- Fabric Distributors In South Africa, The Right Business Choice
- Consumer Discretionary Spending Tiger Brands & Mr Price
- Contrarian Approach to Oversold Industrials