Kansas City Based Installer, ACS, Discusses The Importance Of Concrete Sealing And Maintenance
13-Jun-2012 | News-Press Release
Olathe, KS ( prsafe ) June 1, 2012 - Concrete is undoubtedly a durable material, however it is also porous thereby making it vulnerable to stains. While common cleaners can help get rid of surface stains, Kansas City based concrete installer, ACS, recommends sealing the floors so that dust, dirt, oil and grease can be prevented from penetrating the surface.
"There are four major reasons why you should seal your concrete floorings every year; to prevent chemicals such as grime and oil from sinking in, to dust proof your surface, to protect it from scratches and sunlight exposure, and to protect the floor from the freeze thaw effect," says a spokesperson at ACS. The Company has installed concrete floorings for more than 30 years now and is an expert in its field.
Besides sealing it, is also important to ensure that the floor is free of dirt. While this saves people from heavy duty cleaning it also maintains its shine. But before cleaning it is also important to check for installer instructions, especially if the floors are acid stained. Spills should also be immediately taken care of, warn experts at ACS. This can be done simply by wiping the spills up with a damp cloth.
"The shine in polished concrete can be retained by rubbing it with a commercial polishing compound that the installer has recommended. Bottom line, clean floors will last longer." adds the spokesperson. As for stained concrete, the look can be maintained by shining it with wax. The Kansas City based acid concrete installation expert offers annual maintenance and concrete sealing.
"It is easy to check if the floor is ready for sealing. Pour some water on the floor, if the water is absorbed in the floor, it is time for another quick sealing and if it beads up, it's probably time to apply a sealant," adds the spokesperson.
The job needs the help of a professional, as he alone knows the type of sealer that is apt for the floor. For instance, the liquid in some cleaning materials contain ammonia. Bleach and pine sol should be avoided.
About Artistic Concrete Surfaces: ACS or Artistic Concrete Surfaces are the most popular of all concrete flooring installers in Kansas City. To know more, http://www.kansascityconcrete.com/
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ACS Kansas City Concrete Announces Offering of Versatile Decorative Concrete Design & Construction
- Leading Kansas City Construction Firm Announces to offer Finest Outdoor Concrete Design
- ACS Kansas City Concrete Offers Industry Leading Extensive Decorative Concrete Construction
- Kansas City Concrete Contractors to Offer A Wide Range of Flooring Solutions
- Artistic Concrete Surfaces Maintain Their BBB A+ Rating For The Last 6 Years
- Kansas City Concrete Company Pave The Way For Affordable Floorings With Polished Concrete Floors
- Stamped Concrete Patios From Artistic Concrete Surfaces That Are Creative Yet Cost Effective
- Artistic Concrete Surfaces Offers Cost Effective Outdoor Living Solutions
- Artistic Concrete Surfaces Introduces New Online Concrete Tool