Bill Kaplan releases a new book: "Losing Your Minds: Capturing, Retaining and Leveraging Organizational Knowledge"
09-Jan-2011 | News-Press Release
The newly released book addresses this critical business challenge by examining the workforce turnover and knowledge loss challenges you face, introduces key concepts for you to better understand these challenges, and provides practical guidance on how to beat them by developing a clear knowledge retention strategy for your organization.
In-depth step-by-step guidance is then provided on how to actively capture knowledge from individuals, teams and projects, and most importantly, how to make sure it is reused to the benefit of your organization.
Specifically, the key topics, practices and guidance within this report will show you how to:
• Identify your organization’s weak points and the necessary steps to remedy them;
• Introduce and implement context relevant knowledge management solutions;
• Design and implement effective knowledge retention initiatives;
• Gain organizational buy-in, plan and manage your initiatives effectively;
• Understand the three key methodologies used in knowledge capture;
• Identify the most appropriate methodology to use in each scenario;
• Plan and conduct peer assists, action reviews and retrospects;
• Set up and maintain successful Communities of Practice to share and reuse knowledge; and more…
Real-life, in-depth case studies from MTR Corporation and Airbus Europe demonstrate the best practice strategies highlighted within the report to successfully implement retention and reuse initiatives. There are also useful guides, meeting plans, templates and checklists that can be used immediately in planning and executing your own knowledge retention initiative.
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- knowlege managementknowledge losssuccession planningworkforce turnoverbrain drainbusiness continuity planninggovernment
- Working KnowledgeCSP Awarded GSA MOBIS Contract
- GSA Awards Working KnowledgeCSP a 5 Year MOBIS Contract
- Working KnowledgeCSP Awarded $1.4M Contract to Provide KM Framework for Department of Veteran Affairs Acquisition Academy
- Working KnowledgeCSP Graduates from VIPô Program That Trains