Rewrite the History. Become the Legend. Hail, Caesar.
Longbow Games is excited to announce the sequel to their critically acclaimed Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece.
Toronto (October 13) – Longbow Games is excited to announce the sequel to their critically acclaimed Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece. Where the previous Hegemony titles drew on the history of conflicts from the Peloponnesian Wars to the rise of Philip of Macedon, Longbow's new game jumps 300 years ahead to the campaigns that created the legend of Rome's most famous citizen.
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar takes you to the plains and forests of ancient Gaul where the proconsul Julius Caesar will wage a decade long war to subjugate the barbarian hordes that so often threatened the Eternal City and establish a power base for his political ambitions at home. Like Hegemony Gold, Rise of Caesar will immerse you in the history like no other real time strategy game on the market, forcing you to pay close attention to the changing seasons and a rapidly changing military situation.
Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar adapts the engine and the mechanics to reflect the unique Roman way of war, with new features and improvements:
· New Larger Map that covers a million square miles from the shores of Britain to the beaches of the Mediterranean. The new graphics engine renders this territory in amazing detail, using SpeedTree technology to capture the wild lands of Gaul, with foreboding forests and mighty rivers.
· Build Your Empire with new buildings including the famous Roman camps, forts and bridges – the feats of engineering that made Roman ingenuity as powerful a tool of conquest as Roman steel. Wood is added as a crucial resource in your economy; without it, your invasion will come to a speedy conclusion.
· Promote Your Legions as they gain experience and valuable skills, upgrading each unit with the talents they need to perform the tasks that the proconsul demands of them. Appoint governors from your followers to watch over cities and introduce Roman rule to a new province.
· Starve Your Enemies with new improvements to Hegemony's already celebrated logistics model. Protect your supply lines and plan sieges in a way that weakens any enemy foolish enough to depend only on city walls for victory.
Hegemony Rome brings the past alive like no other real time strategy game, as you manage your armies and manipulate your enemies in a beautifully drawn simulation of 1st century BC warfare. Bring all of Gaul under the rule of the Senate and People of Rome. Or, in the sandbox game, unite the Gallic tribes and end the threat of Roman rule forever. Both legions and warbands will be yours to command in Spring 2012.
About Longbow Games
Founded in 1998 by Seumas McNally, Longbow has been committed to the development of new and innovative IP for over a dozen years. Its early casual arcade games set new standards in design and gameplay, with their game Tread Marks winning the Technical Prize and Grand Prize at the 2000 Independent Games Festival. After Seumas lost a long battle with Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2000, the IGF paid tribute to Longbow's contributions by renaming the Grand Prize in his honour. In 2010, Hegemony: Philip of Macedon – the fruit of lead designer Jim McNally's long term vision – was released to good reviews and was honored with a spot at the PAX 10 indie showcase.
Account Co-ordinator, Evolve PR
- hegemony, games, followup, design, Tread, independent, lymphoma, grand prize, honored, after seumas, hegemony, good reviews, gameplay, lymphoma
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user. Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.