Direct Fire Places Help With Tips To Get Winter- Ready
With winter almost knocking on your doors, itís important to get the fireplace ready for winter. Direct Fire Place shows how
Stockport, Cheshire ( prsafe ) November 22, 2011 - Winter has set in the UK and people are bracing themselves to face the harsh winter weather. Direct Fire Places, the Cheshire based fireplace retailers, have offered to help with tips on handling fireplaces.
It?s commonly believed that fireplaces don?t require maintenance. The truth couldn?t be further from this. All fireplaces; irrespective of the type (wood, gas, or electric) should be maintained annually with help from a professional. For instance, wood fireplaces, are prone to deposits of creosote that can be potentially dangerous and a major cause of chimney fires.
The Company has listed out factors that are to be looked into when preparing for the winter:
- When regularly used, the firebox of wood burning fireplaces should be cleaned every week. This has to be done with care because the leftover coal remains hot even days after the fire is extinguished. Neither should these be removed with a vacuum cleaner. And when removing the ash, it is advised to leave an inch of ash in the bottom, as this acts as insulation.
- Gas fireplaces should also be cleaned regularly to maintain air quality and maintain efficiency.
- The gas logs in these fireplaces are delicate and hence should be cleaned with a soft brush to remove the dust and spider webs. These logs should be kept properly to avoid sooting.
- As for electric fireplaces , the back of the glass should never be cleaned with a glass cleaner. They should be done only with a mild soap and water. As for the dust particles, they should be cleaned with a dry and clean cloth.
- When the flame or the ember bed becomes dark on one side, the light bulbs should be replaced. This is ideally done every two or three years.
- Immaterial of the type of fireplace used, they should be inspected annually by a professional to check for possible faults and repairs. If left ignored, these can become potentially dangerous.
Following these tips and tricks should help fireplace owners get rid of common problems and ensure a lifetime of warmth.
About Direct Fireplaces: Cheshire based fireplaces retailer, Direct Fireplaces specializes in delivering the best quality fireplaces, fireplaces surrounds, gas fires, electric fireplaces and even accessories.
To know more, visit, http://www.direct-fireplaces.com/
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.¬† Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.