Worldwide Digital Camera Market focusing on DSLR Cameras
21-Mar-2011 | News-Press Release
The demand for digital cameras has presented a strong outlook, including cameras fitted in devices such as mobile phones and showed a positive response even in the economic downturn, during 2008 & 2009. Technological advancement has helped the growth of various consumer electronics products, digital cameras being one of them.
The report has highlighted major areas contributing in the digital camera market and DSLR. It starts with discussion of global digital camera shipments, SLR growth and market share of industry players. It also helps to analyse the industry geographically with an overview of US, Europe and Asian markets. To assess the industry and future performance report talks about industry trends, driving factors and future outlook of the industry. The report has also profiled major industry players (Canon, Nikon, Eastman Kodak).
SLR accounted for the highest growth rate in 2009, driven by growth in Asia, especially in China. The potential for growth of digital SLR cameras is very high because of technological innovations, portability, falling prices and rising interest of teens. The growth rate has slowed down in Japan and the US, while it has increased in the emerging regions of China, India and Eastern Europe.
Demand for Digital cameras and SLR has been mainly driven by demand in emerging markets (China, Russia), rising internet usage and favouring disposable income.
* Digital camera shipments reached ~million units in 2009, down by 12% compared to 2008 when more than ~ million units were shipped. Digital SLR shipments increased by 2.3% to nearly ~ million units.
* The forecast anticipates that the sustained steady growth in shipments of interchangeable lens digital SLR cameras will continue with 2010 shipments reaching 17.1 million units and 2011 shipments totalling 19.5 million units.
* Taiwan shipped 11.3 million digital cameras in the fourth quarter of 2008, down from the same period one year earlier. Digital camera shipments dropped sequentially in the first quarter of 2009.
* In 2008, the SLR shipments in China reached 752,000 an increase of 52.2% over 2007. In Japan, the sale for digital cameras declined by 4.5% in 2009 compared to the previous year. Nikon has gripped the No.1 position in the DSLR market in Japan with ~% as compared to Canon which holds No. 2 position with ~% market share in the first half of 2010.
* In 2008, digital camera market growth slowed in the US reaching to almost ~million units and SLR shipments reached to ~ million in the same year.
* Sales of DSLRs Cameras have maintained its growth even during the recession period in the UK.
* The report provides all the crucial company information required for business and competitor intelligence needs.
* Contains a study of the major internal and external factors affecting the industry in the form of industry trends, examination of leading industry players and growth drivers.
* Data is supplemented with details on the industry past performance, present analysis and future projections; also opportunities present in many countries.
Get more information about this report: Worldwide Digital Camera Market focusing on DSLR Cameras
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Research on Global and China Epoxy Resin Industry Chain Report
- The Geothermal Energy Market 2012-2022
- Adhesives and Sealants: Global Markets
- Dermatological Drugs: World Market Prospects 2012-2022
- The Electric and Range Extended Electric Light-Vehicle Report
- India Urban & Industrial Waste to Energy Market
- Understanding Russia's Regional Health Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Wind Bearing Industry
- Top 1000 Advertising Agents (European)
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Switzerland to 2016