Epidemiology : Type 1 Diabetes
28-Mar-2011 | News-Press Release
Due to an increasing incidence of type 1 diabetes in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK and a steady incidence in the United States, which still has a growing population of children and adolescents, there will be an increase in the number of cases of type 1 diabetes in the seven major markets (US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK over the next ten years.
Features and benefits
* Gain insight to market potential, including a robust 10-year epidemiology forecast of type 1 diabetes incident cases.
* Understand the current burden of disease with type 1 diabetes prevalence estimate.
Type 1 diabetes is a metabolic disorder which can cause serious illness and death if not managed properly with insulin administration. The only risk factor shown to be significantly associated with the risk of type 1 diabetes is genetics and several genes have been linked to the risk. This report estimates that there will be a marginal increase or steady incidence of cases of type 1 diabetes in the seven major markets (US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK) between 2010 and 2020. This report estimates that there are approximately 2.7 million prevalent cases of type 1 diabetes mellitus in those aged under 80 in the year 2010.
Your key questions answered
* Which are the most robust epidemiologic studies for type 1 diabetes incidence and prevalence data?
* How will the patient population change over the next decade in the US, Japan, and five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK)?
* How do changes in population structure or risk factors affect the trend in incident type 1 diabetes cases?
Key Chapters of The Report :
DISEASE DEFINITION AND DIAGNOSIS CRITERIA
Diagnosis and testing for diabetes mellitus
GLOBAL VARIATION AND HISTORICAL TRENDS
Conflicting evidence for a global increase in type 1 diabetes mellitus incidence
Sources of epidemiologic data
Description of methods
Strengths and weaknesses of our epidemiologic projections
Get more information about this report: Epidemiology : Type 1 Diabetes
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Research on Global and China Epoxy Resin Industry Chain Report
- The Geothermal Energy Market 2012-2022
- Adhesives and Sealants: Global Markets
- Dermatological Drugs: World Market Prospects 2012-2022
- The Electric and Range Extended Electric Light-Vehicle Report
- India Urban & Industrial Waste to Energy Market
- Understanding Russia's Regional Health Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Wind Bearing Industry
- Top 1000 Advertising Agents (European)
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Switzerland to 2016