CareerCast.com/JobSerf Employment Index Reaches 2-Year Peak
30-Mar-2011 | News-Press Release
CARLSBAD, CA/RICHARDSON, TX (March 29, 2011) – The new March 2011 CareerCast.com/JobSerf Employment Index rose to its highest level since January 2008, reaching 109.5 points, a 5.2 point gain over last month and a 65.4 point gain over March 2009. The Index, which measures managerial hiring activity online, has shown gradual growth since December 2010.
“It is heartening to see sustained hiring activity over the past few months,” says Jay Martin, COO, JobSerf. “There were 2.5 times as many jobs in March as there were a year ago."
Louisville, with a 15% gain, was the leader in job growth this month, followed by Hartford (+9%) and Memphis (+8%). San Francisco, Detroit, and Nashville each showed modest gains of 6% in March.
Hiring activity stalled in some cities with losses of -8% in Los Angeles, -6% in Miami, and -5% in Minneapolis, Atlanta, San Diego and Riverside.
“Hiring activity saw a major upswing this month, and we’re hopeful it’s a sign that we’ve really turned the corner,” says Tony Lee, publisher, CareerCast.com. “Our Index is mirroring other reports being released about the state of the job market, which is very good news for managerial candidates looking for new jobs.”
The CareerCast.com/JobSerf Employment Index per capita hiring levels for U.S. cities in March are:
1. Washington, DC – 163
2. Boston – 140
3. San Francisco – 127
4. Seattle – 106
5. Atlanta – 86
6. New York City - 81
7. Baltimore – 80
8. Chicago – 79
9. Denver – 74
10. Philadelphia - 67
11. Cleveland – 66
12. Nashville – 66
13. Dallas – 63
14. Hartford – 62
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!