Southwest School Launches General Office Skills Training Program
09-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
Southwest Schools (SWS), a leading technical and vocational school, is now offering a General Office Skills training program designed to prepare students for successful careers in a variety of industries. Industry experts teach the program, and focus on helping students gain the planning, communication, and computer skills required to stay ahead of the game. Their knowledge and experience in the field allow students to gain an edge in the job market.
The General Office Skills Program provides students with the skills and knowledge required to work as an office or administrative assistant in a modern office environment. Students learn office essentials such as front office duties, business communications skills, computer applications, accounts payable and receivable functions, payroll operations and other office functions.
The addition of the General Office Skills program reflects the further development of Southwest Schools career programs. SWS works with industry professionals to make sure that the new program provides students the necessary skills for a changing and challenging business climate.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates steady growth in this field of employment. Employers require computer skills as the office environment is increasingly computerized. Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software are often minimum requirements. Students seeking first-time employment, or employees seeking to advance their careers, often require additional training above and beyond a high school diploma.
Graduates of the General Office Skills program can find employment across a range of industries. The BLS reports that a fourth of the jobs in this field are in educational services, healthcare and social assistance. This course is currently offered at the Corpus Christi, McAllen, and San Antonio campuses.
Spread over ten schools and seven cities in Central and South Texas, SWS focuses on helping students quickly gain and improve their career skills. The schools are committed to helping each student graduate, and to successfully find a rewarding career. With more than three decades of experience, the school has trained numerous students in Texas. SWS also offer training programs in allied health, business and other technical fields.
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- general office skills training programtechnical and vocational schoolcareer programsCorpus ChristiMcAllenSan Antonio
- “Coastal Bend Blood Center” Offers Recognition and Appreciation for Blood Donation Drive Organized by Southwest Schools
- Southwest Schools Offers Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate Program
- Beat the Financial Crunch by Enrolling in the Nail Technician Program at SWS
- Southwest Schools Offer Computer Accounting Specialist Program
- SWS Group of Schools offers a quality Clinical/Medical Assistant Program
- Southwest Schools Offer Training in Cosmetology
- Southwest Schools at Texas Offers Training for Various Careers
- Pharmacy Technician – Be an Integral Part of the Healthcare Industry