BP Oil Spill One Year Anniversary Is Wednesday: A Recap of Losses, Damages and PR Gaffes
19-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
Here`s a look at what has happened to key individuals and activities in the year since the April 20, 2010 disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. BP EXECUTIVES: Gaffe-prone CEO Tony Hayward was ousted from his job and replaced by American Bob Dudley, who took over the British company Oct. 1. Hayward was transferred to a BP affiliate in Russia. Other top executives also left the company, including Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles, senior vice president Kent Wells and former head of exploration and production Andy Inglis. RIG KIN: Several families of the 11 men who died aboard the Deepwater Horizon are pressing legal claims against the companies involved. Transocean has settled with at least five families for as yet undisclosed amounts. BP hasn`t settled with any, and many of the families say they have heard little to nothing from the company since the disaster. SPILL CLAIMS: The $20 billion fund set up by BP to compensate victims has doled out only about $3.8 billion to roughly 176,000 claimants, and oil spill victims complain of a slow, cumbersome process. Claims czar Ken Feinberg has said he only expects about half the fund to be needed to pay everyone. He said he is processing claims as fast as possible. LITIGATION: More than 300 lawsuits filed against BP and the other companies involved with the rig were consolidated in federal court in New Orleans ...
Read more at; http://www.commpro.biz/news/public-relations/4064.htm#nid=1
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!