Rodney Crowell, Josh Kear, Chris DuBois, Ashley Gorley and Dave Berg Among ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO Participants
22-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
Nashville, TN, April 21, 2011: Some of the biggest names in Nashville, including Rodney Crowell, Josh Kear, Chris DuBois, Ashley Gorley, Tommy Sims, Dave Berg, Ben Glover, Chris Stapleton, Darrell Brown, Jonathan Singleton and Jamie Moore are among the panelists participating in the ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO. Nashville industry leaders including Fletcher Foster (Red Light Management), Kerry O’Neil (O’Neil Hagaman, PLLC), Jordan Keller, Esq., Eric Hurt (Brentwood Benson Music Publishing) and Daniel Lee (Ten Ten Music Group) are also confirmed as panelists. Now in its sixth year, the EXPO brings together a diverse group of songwriters, composers, producers and music industry leaders to participate in a broad range of panels designed to support music creators at every stage of their career. The three-day conference takes place April 28-30, 2011 at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, CA.
The latest panelist and programming includes:
- ASCAP 2008 Country Songwriter of the Year, Dave Berg, and ASCAP 2010 Christian Songwriter of the Year, Ben Glover, will join a panel including entertainment attorney Jordan Keller, Esq., manager Fletcher Foster and A&R exec Jake McKim to discuss Nashville as one of the world’s greatest musical communities and hub for music creators and businesses alike. Moderated by writer/producer Darrell Brown, The Real Nashville panel will focus on today’s Nashville being much more than country music, with pop, rock, Christian and other musical genres are flourishing like never before.
- Grammy winner and ASCAP’s 2010 Country Song of the Year writer (“Need You Now”) Josh Kear, will join producer/writer Ari Levine (The Smeezingtons), songwriter/vocal producer Savan Kotecha and songwriter/producer Dan Wilson (Semisonic) on the Hitmakers panel. They will share their unique insights into what it takes to reach the top of the charts today.
- Singer/songwriter Rodney Crowell will participate in the writer and composer-focused Master Sessions. Crowell will draw from nearly four decades of experience to share his approach to songwriting during this special event. Also confirmed for Master Sessions are producer Jermaine Dupri (interviewed by songwriter Johntà Austin), songwriter/producer Dr. Luke, composer Ron Jones, songwriter/producer Antonina Armato and composer Eric Whitacre.
- ASCAP’s 2009 Country Songwriter of the Year Ashley Gorley will participate in The Business of Being a Songwriter panel with Nashville business manager Kerry O’Neil, producer DJ Frank E, songwriter/producer Nicole Morier, songwriter/producer Mike Viola (The Candy Butchers) and songwriter/performer Anuhea, dissecting today’s demand on songwriters to develop business skills and strategies to maintain a fruitful career as well as gain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
- Hit songwriter and ASCAP 2010 Country Publisher of the Year’ Sea Gayle Music partner Chris DuBois will join the Two Sides of the Coin: Music Publishing – Side 2, "The Independents" panel along with publishing execs Justin Kalifowitz, Sam Kling, Barbara Vander Linde and Tom DeSavia. This discussion among the creative heads of some of the industry's leading independent publishing companies will reveal who they are signing, how songwriters can best prepare to gain their attention, where the revenues are and how their approach to publishing differs today vs. years ago.
- Moderated by ASCAP Nashville’s LeAnn Phelan, songwriters Ben Glover, Jonathan Singleton, Chris DuBois and Big Machine Label Group VP of A&R Allison Jones will speak candidly and offer valuable advice to participants in the Country Music Song Feedback session, during which a limited number of songs pre-submitted by registrants will be given feedback in front of an audience. Ben Glover will also participate in the Mixed Genre Song Feedback panel.
- Performances by a diverse and successful group of songwriters, including Nashville’s Tommy Sims, Jonathan Singleton and Chris Stapleton, as well as Ryan Tedder (of OneRepublic), John Rzeznik (of Goo Goo Dolls), Claudia Brant, The Bird and the Bee (Inara George & Greg Kurstin), Steve Kipner, Rick Nowels, Dan Parsons, Rufus Wainwright and others.
A few other highlights of the ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO include:
- Singer/songwriter Fergie of six-time Grammy Award winning, multi-platinum group The Black Eyed Peas will join a super panel of music creators from across the musical spectrum on the EXPO's signature "We Create Music" panel to discuss common challenges, rewards and give valuable insights on how to forge a lasting career.
- Singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles will interview music legend Lindsey Buckingham about his incredible career. Prior to the interview, Buckingham will be honored with ASCAP's Golden Note Award, which is presented to songwriters, composers and artists who have achieved extraordinary career milestones.
- Desmond Child's Master Class in Songwriting will provide a unique educational opportunity for 60 randomly selected attendees to experience an intensive 75-minute class with the Grammy Award-winning songwriter/producer. During each day of the EXPO, Child will work closely with 20 attendees on the art of songwriting as he explores lyrics, melody, structure and other elements integral to a well-crafted song.
Also added to the EXPO lineup are Sandra Aistars (Copyright Alliance), Richard Blackstone (BMG North America), producer Boi-1da, composer Bruce Broughton, Bryan Calhoun (SoundExchange), Chris Castle, Esq. (Christian L. Castle Attorneys), producer Drumma Boy, songwriter/artist Melanie Fiona, songwriter/producer David Frank, Jody Gerson (Sony/ATV Music Publishing), Gary Gross (Universal Publishing Production Music), Carl Jacobson (Nimbit), songwriter Cri$tyle "The Ink" Johnson, producer/musician/songwriter Larry Klein, Sam Kling (peermusic), Daniel Lee (Ten Ten Music Group, Inc.), composer Michael Levine, songwriter Jon Lind (Hollywood Records), Kevin Lyman (4Fini, Inc.), songwriter Andrea Martin, Matthew J. Middleton, Esq. (Simon, Eisenberg & Baum LLP), producer/musician/songwriter Marcus Miller, composer Trevor Morris, songwriter/performer Matt Nathanson, Don Passman, Esq. (Gang, Tyre, Ramer, and Brown, Inc.), songwriter/artist Kelly Price, Irwin Z. Robinson (Cromwell Music), producer/engineer Noah "40" Shebib, Greg Sowders (Warner/Chappell Music), Kathy Spanberger (peermusic), songwriter/producer Matt Squire, producer Symbolyc One (S1), Adam Taylor (APM Music), Barbara Vander Linde (Disney Music Publishing), producer/musician/songwriter Don Was and composer Doug Wood (The Omni Music Library). They will join Marco Beltrami & Wes Craven, Bernie Worrell (of Parliament/Funkadelic and Talking Heads) & Vernon Reid (of Living Color), Van Dyke Parks & Rufus Wainwright, Mike Elizondo, No I.D., Kevin Rudolf, The Legendary Traxster and a host of other music industry experts and talented music creators at what promises to be another must-attend event. For a regularly updated list of panelists, please visit www.ascap.com/expo.
The ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO is the premier conference for songwriters, composers and producers. It covers all genres of music and includes panels, workshops, master classes, keynotes, One-on-One sessions, song critiquing, networking events, product displays, state-of-the-art technology demonstrations, performances, and more. All music creators, producers, publishers and executives – regardless of their performing rights organization affiliation – will benefit from this unique creative event, which is designed around personal interaction, education and networking.
Established in 1914, ASCAP is the first and leading U.S. Performing Rights Organization (PRO) representing the world's largest repertory totaling over 8.5 million copyrighted musical works of every style and genre from more than 400,000 songwriter, composer and music publisher members. ASCAP has representation arrangements with similar foreign organizations so that the ASCAP repertory is represented in nearly every country around the world where copyright law exists. ASCAP protects the rights of its members and foreign affiliates by licensing the public performances of their copyrighted works and distributing royalties based upon surveyed performances. ASCAP is the only American PRO owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
Bobbi Marcus PR & Events, Inc.
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!