Industry Expects Constrained Cement Consumption Growth for Next Two Years
26-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
SKOKIE, Ill.— While the economic recession is over and economic growth is strengthening, the construction recession may not run its course for another 18 months, hindering an improvement in cement consumption for the next two years according to the most recent economic forecast from the Portland Cement Association (PCA).
In 2011, PCA anticipates marginal growth with a two percent increase in consumption. However, this will increase to 8.5 percent in 2012 and swell to 18.5 percent in 2013 when all construction sectors—residential, commercial and public—will be on the upswing.
“The economy clearly has entered a stage of self-sustaining growth, but impediments to a construction recovery are so large that it will take until 2012 to see significant increases in activity,” Edward Sullivan, PCA chief economist said. “Tight lending standards, declining property values and reduced state infrastructure spending all need to be resolved for a true recovery in construction.”
Sullivan expects two areas of nonresidential construction to grow in 2011: oil/gas well construction and farm construction. With high energy prices predicted for the next several years, oil well cement consumption is expected to record strength during 2011-2012 and beyond. Farm construction activity is predicted to grow nine percent in 2011.
Based in Skokie, Ill., the Portland Cement Association represents cement companies in the United States and Canada. It conducts market development, engineering, research, education, and public affairs programs. More information on PCA programs is available at www.cement.org.
Note to editors: To obtain a copy of PCA’s Forecast contact Patti Flesher at email@example.com or 847-942-9136
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!