China Diabetes Market Report & Outlook For 2010-2015
27-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
As the second largest economy of the world, China enjoys pink of health but its affluence is giving rise to another sickness- a rapid increase in a life-style disease called diabetes. With the Chinese Population getting richer, fatter and less mobile, there has been a surge in the prevalence of diabetes. Further fuelled by rising disposable incomes, the diabetes market- Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics and Insulin, is expanding by more than 25% percent a year, and thus creating lucrative opportunities for global pharmaceutical companies at a time when rates in the more developed markets have declined.
China’s diabetes market grew at CAGR of 26% in the last five years with sales touching US$ 642 Million in 2009. In a country with around 10% of the total population being above 65 years of age, nearly 100 Million people obese and overweight, and with urbanization rates in an increasing mode, we expect the market to more than quadruple vis-à-vis its present level by 2015.
This report gives a deep insight into the Chinese diabetes market. The research study serves as an analytical as well as statistical tool to understand the epidemiology, trends, market structure and segmentation, competitive landscape, drivers, restraints and the outlook of the diabetes market in China. The report can serve as an excellent guide for investors, researchers, consultants, marketing strategists, and all those who are looking to foray into the Chinese diabetes market in some form or the other.
Driven by strong performance of both Insulin and Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics, The Chinese diabetes market is expected to exceed US$ 2.8 Billion by 2015.
In 2009, the market for Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics was worth US$ 357 Million. Four of the top five players were foreign multinationals, with Bayer being the leader with a 28% market share.
Alpha Glycosidase Inhibitors represented the biggest non Insulin Anti-diabetes class with a share of 35% in 2009.
Although DPP-IV Inhibitors have been available in China only since march 2010. We expect this class to show a strong uptake in the next five years and reach revenues worth US$ 172 Million.
China’s Insulin market witnessed a CAGR growth of 31% between 2005-2009 and was worth US$ 285 Million in 2009.
The Chinese Insulin market is strongly oligopolistic with top three players (all of them being multinationals) accounting for 92% of the total sales in 2009. In fact, one player (Novo Nordisk) accounted 71% of the total sales.
Forecasts: The report provides forecasts on:
- Number of diabetes patients
- Diagnosis and treatment rates in China
- Diabetes market
- Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market
All other Non-Insulin Anti-diabetic classes
- Insulin market
Competitive Landscape: This section covers:
- 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the diabetes market
- 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market
- 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in various Non-Insulin Drug Classes
- 2005-2009 sales of top drugs comprising the portfolio of key players in various Non-Insulin Drug Classes
- 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the Insulin market
- 2005-2009 sales of top drugs comprising the portfolio of Key players in the Insulin market.
Key Questions Answered in this report
- What is the total size of the diabetes population in China and what are its characteristics?
- What are the diagnosis and drug treatment rates for diabetes in China?
- What are the key factors driving the growth of diabetes medication in China?
- What is the Size and Breakup of the total diabetes market in China?
- What is the Size and Breakup of the total Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market in China?
- What is the Size and Breakup of the total Insulin market in China?
- Who are the key players in the Chinese diabetes market and how have they performed?
- What is the outlook of the Chinese diabetes market in the next five years?
- Which new products are expected to be launched in the next five years?
- Which therapy classes will show the highest growth in the next five years?
- What are the road blocks in the Chinese diabetes market?
Get more information about this report: China Diabetes Market Report & Outlook For 2010-2015
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Research on Global and China Epoxy Resin Industry Chain Report
- The Geothermal Energy Market 2012-2022
- Adhesives and Sealants: Global Markets
- Dermatological Drugs: World Market Prospects 2012-2022
- The Electric and Range Extended Electric Light-Vehicle Report
- India Urban & Industrial Waste to Energy Market
- Understanding Russia's Regional Health Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Wind Bearing Industry
- Top 1000 Advertising Agents (European)
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Switzerland to 2016