OC METRO's Annual Event Celebrates 25 O.C. Green Companies
28-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
ORANGE COUNTY, CALIF. – OC METRO magazine Publisher, Steve Churm asserts, “Orange County has the big green opportunity to be a major player in this modern-day gold rush.” With an annual industry growth of 5 to 7 percent and 20,000 employed in the County alone, green is clearly the new Orange County lifestyle. On Wednesday, April 13th, OC METRO Magazine hosted the 2nd Annual Green Team event at Sole Technology honoring twenty-five green companies making a difference in our lives in Orange County.
For four years, OC METRO magazine has annually named the top green companies changing the industry. This year’s twenty-five honorees are making incredible strides to create a more eco-friendly Orange County. Honorees include Anaheim-based SA Recycling who diverts millions of tons of materials from landfills and even has the ability to recycle 78 percent of a car; Crow Bar & Kitchen in Corona del Mar holds the title of the first green restaurant in Orange County; Hoag Hospital Irvine is one of the first California hospitals to achieve LEED Silver Certification.
The honorees were not the only stars of the night attending the 2nd Annual Green Team Event. Presenting sponsor, SA Recycling along with GotScrap.com arrived with an iPad contest for the two guests who could estimate the weight and number of crushed cans in a recycled bail. The contest involved a social media factor by announcing the winners through the Got Scrap? Facebook page with the bail weighing a massive 922 lbs. and containing 24,554 cans. Sustainability Sponsors Wells Fargo, Waste Management, Brandman University were also in attendance to educate guests on going green in business.
OC METRO echoed the green initiatives of the honorees by taking every possible effort to create an environmentally friendly event. Hosting the event at Sole Technology, an award-winning green building, creating signs on soy paper with soy ink, while making the event program entirely digital are a few examples of how this Green Event became even greener. For more information, on
OC METRO’s Annual Green Team Event, please visit OCMETROgreenteam.com.
The 2011 Green Team honorees are:
• All Green Electronics Recycling, Tustin
• Bentley Prince Street, City of Industry
• Black Flamingo, Laguna Beach
• Clean Green Technology, Huntington Beach
• Cox Communications, Rancho Santa Margarita
• Crow Bar & Kitchen, Corona del Mar
• CryoPort Inc., Lake Forest
• Earth Friendly Products, Garden Grove
• Ecola Termite and Pest Management Company, Brea
• FlexEnergy, Irvine
• Goodwill of Orange County, Santa Ana
• Hoag Hospital Irvine, Irvine
• Jamboree Housing Corporation, Irvine
• John Wayne Airport, Santa Ana
• MUZEO, Anaheim
• SA Recycling, Anaheim
• SkyBridgeSolar, Aliso Viejo
• Sole Technology, Lake Forest
• Spa Gregories Day Spa & Salon, Newport Beach, Rancho Santa Margarita & Del Mar
• Syspro, Costa Mesa
• Telogis, Aliso Viejo
• Thrust Electric Bikes, Santa Ana
• Village Green Global, Irvine
• ViridiSTOR Green Box Solution, Tustin
• Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa
ABOUT OC METRO MAGAZINE
Since 1990, OC METRO has been a respected source for business news and information in Orange County. The print version of OC METRO magazine is published monthly and distributed at more than 1,300 locations throughout Orange County. Combining print and online traffic, OC METRO reaches more than 300,000 business professionals and executives monthly. For more information, visit www.ocmetro.com.
ABOUT CHURM MEDIA
Churm Media is a leading regional, full-service media company based in
Newport Beach, California. The privately held company publishes 5 niche consumer magazines (OC METRO, OC Family, OC Menus, IE Family and Southland Golf) and 5 interactive Web sites serving readers and advertisers in five Southern California counties — Orange, Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside and San Bernardino. The company prints and distributes more than 400,000 magazines per month with a total audience — print, online and events — of more than 1.5 million readers/viewers per month. RipeOrange, a full-service marketing, communications and design firm is also owned and operated under Churm Media. For more information visit www.churmmedia.com
ABOUT SOLE TECHNOLOGY
Sole Technology, Inc. is the creator of etnies, Emerica, éS, ThirtyTwo, Altamont and the Sole Technology Institute (STI). Sole Technology is the global supplier of its brands, which are responsible for many of the incredible innovations that have become staples of action sports. As a true industry leader, the company created the STI, the world’s ?rst and only biomechanics research organization, to test and develop new technologies to make the highest performing skateboard footwear. An ardent advocate for the environment, Sole Technology has a commitment to become carbon neutral by 2020 and has an environmental affairs department dedicated to turning the company’s business practices green.
Anna Romiti | Vice President
P 949.261.7473 | C 949.466.9177
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!