Cognizant Joins the Ranks of the Fortune 500
10-May-2011 | News-Press Release
Cognizant’s Rapid March on Fortune Rankings
Cognizant made its debut on the Fortune 1000 ranking in the year 2008 at the 859th position. Remarkably, in just three years, Cognizant has ascended 375 places to find a place in the prestigious Fortune 500 ranking at the 484th position. Cognizant was ranked 716th in 2009 (up 143 places) and 594th in 2010 (up 122 places).
Cognizant was named to Fortune’s “100 Supercharged Performers” list in September 2010—the 8th year in a row—and, as a result, placed first in Fortune’s “All-Star List” of the consistently fast-growing companies that make the list year after year. Cognizant also ranked among Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” in March 2011, the 3rd year in a row.
Some of the key milestones in Cognizant’s journey so far are as follows:
· Cognizant started in 1994 as the technology arm of The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, a company for which four U.S. Presidents worked: Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, Grover Cleveland and William McKinley as credit correspondents.
· In June 1998, Cognizant became the first IT Company leveraging India to be listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Cognizant was added to the prestigious NASDAQ 100 Index in 2004.
· In 2006, Cognizant became the fastest global IT services company to reach a $1 billion mark in revenue. It took the Company less than 12 years to achieve the milestone, far lesser than its comparable peers.
· In 2007, Francisco D’Souza took over as CEO of Cognizant at the age of 38.
· Cognizant entered the Fortune 1000 list in 2008 and joined Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” list the very next year.
· In 2010, notwithstanding a challenging economic environment, Cognizant ascended a whopping 122 places on the prestigious Fortune 1000 list
· In August 2010, Cognizant made it for the 8th consecutive year to Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies list, the only company to achieve this feat. Cognizant was ranked first in the publication’s list of Fastest Growing All Stars.
· In December 2010, Cognizant crossed the 100,000 employee mark. Interestingly, it took Cognizant 12 years to reach the first 25,000 employee mark. It added more than 25,000 employees in calendar year 2010 alone.
Corporate Marketing and Communications
H1, Plot # 26, Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park,
MIDC, Hinjawadi, PUNE - 411 057
Tel: 91-20-40216000 / 39196000 Extn: 202145#
Cell: +91-98232 73191
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!