AccuWeather Unveils New iPad Application
19-May-2011 | News-Press Release
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. May 16, 2011 – AccuWeather today announced the availability of its new AccuWeather for iPad applications - making it even easier for users to access the most accurate and reliable weather information for all of their favorite locations, including day and night forecasts and precipitation totals.
“There are new features here that you asked for and we've made them easier to get to," said Pascal Racheneur, Vice President of Interactive Media for AccuWeather. "Designed with our users and their needs in mind, both our AccuWeather Free for iPad and the completely ad free version, AccuWeather Platinum for iPad, continue to have all of the localized weather features you rely on each day and now also boasts snow, ice, and rain totals, and a convenient toggle button for switching between the day and night forecasts."
AccuWeather Free for iPad and AccuWeather Platinum for iPad feature:
- Forecasts for each of the next 24 hours, updated every hour, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next 15 days with a convenient toggle button for alternating between the day and night forecasts - all available in 22 languages.
- Current conditions including humidity percentages, visibility, precipitation and amounts, wind and wind gust speed, wind direction, and the exclusive, patented RealFeel temperature.
- AccuWeather trademarked WeatherAlarms that warn users of potential high wind, heavy rain, snow, ice, and thunderstorms.
- Weather display options, including animated Google ™ maps, radar, and satellite, and videos.
- Special lifestyle weather and health forecasts, such as conditions for specific outdoor activities and sports, including dog walking, lawn mowing, and golfing, and health-related weather forecasts, including UV forecasts and weather conditions for people suffering from allergies.
- Metric or English unit options, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
- AccuWeather Free for iPad and AccuWeather Platinum for iPad both store all of your favorite locations.
- AccuWeather Platinum for iPad features a completely ad free user interface for even quicker access to your localized weather information.
About AccuWeather, Inc.
AccuWeather presents accurate, localized, branded forecasts and severe weather bulletins each day to one quarter of a billion persons worldwide via the free AccuWeather.com website, mobile devices and IPTV, through the airwaves, and in print. The 116 meteorologists at AccuWeather also deliver a portfolio of customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as providing content for more than 50,000 third-party Internet sites, including the wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News Mobile, and WABC-TV New York. Visit www.accuweather.com for more information.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!