ISA Collaboration with Los Angeles Harbor College in California Brings Technical Training to Student
01-Jun-2011 | News-Press Release
The International Society of Automation (ISA) announced today that it has signed an agreement to partner with Los Angeles Harbor College, located in Wilmington, California, USA. The agreement provides ISA the opportunity to offer technical training to students at Los Angeles Harbor College starting later this year through 30 June 2014.
The agreement will enable ISA to bring quality course content and instruction to Los Angeles Harbor College. The college will provide students with flexible course offerings and hands-on learning opportunities that will prepare them for careers in automation and control. Local automation professionals looking to enhance and grow their existing knowledge will also benefit from being able to enroll in these ISA course offerings at the college.
The following ISA technical training courses will be offered at Los Angeles Harbor College:
- Mathematics for Instrumentation Technicians (FG02)
- Introduction to Industrial Automation and Control (FG07)
- Developing and Applying Standard Instrumentation and Control Documentation (FG15)
- Electrical Systems and Principles (TI15)
- Industrial Electronics (TI20)
- Electrical Noise Effects on Instrumentation Control Equipment (TI21)
- Maintaining Pneumatic Components in Measurement and Control (TI06)
- Installing, Calibrating and Maintaining Electronic Instruments (TI25)
- Tuning Control Loops (TC05)
- Troubleshooting Instrumentation and Control Systems (TC10)
- Industrial Data Communications Systems (TS06)
- Industrial Networking and Security (TS12)
- Advanced Operation of Digital (Smart) Transmitters and Digital Valve Controllers (TS16)
- Advanced Operation of Digital (Smart) Transmitters (TS17)
- Advanced Operation of Digital Valve Controllers (TS18)
- Certified Control Systems Technician® (CCST®) Level I Review Course (TS00)
The Los Angeles Harbor College will establish, manage, and maintain ISA’s schedule of course offerings. Courses will be open to current and potential Los Angeles Harbor College students and to any interested professionals. Schedule inquiries can be directed to John Sparks, economic development project director of Los Angeles Harbor College, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This partnership is creating a local cadre of ISA trainers who will be able to serve industries in the area with flexible scheduling to meet their training needs,” said John Sparks, economic development project director of Los Angeles Harbor College.
ISA’s Education Services Manager, Dalton Wilson, said, “We are thrilled to be working with Los Angeles Harbor College to bring our quality course content and expert instruction to existing, new and future automation professionals in the Wilmington, California area. We plan to establish similar arrangements with other colleges across the US to enhance our efforts to grow the automation profession.”
About Los Angeles Harbor College
Los Angeles Harbor College opened in 1949 to meet the technical training needs of the harbor area. The college mission is to offer an environment that fosters learning by providing comprehensive programs that meet the needs of students and are useful to the community, advancing economic growth and global competitiveness through education and training.
Founded in 1945, the International Society of Automation (www.isa.org) is a leading, global, nonprofit organization that is setting the standard for automation by helping over 30,000 worldwide members and other professionals solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities. Based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, ISA develops standards, certifies industry professionals, provides education and training, publishes books and technical articles, and hosts conferences and exhibitions for automation professionals. ISA is the founding sponsor of the Automation Federation (www.automationfederation.org).
Certified Control Systems Technician and CCST are registered trademarks of the International Society of Automation.
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!