Biotechnology Market in India
22-Jun-2011 | News-Press Release
Biotech companies have grown in the country exponentially as a liberalized intellectual property regime and skilled workforce along with low manufacturing costs have boosted the growth of the industry.
With the industry not facing much of the brunt from the global economic recession, the Indian biotechnology industry has been gathering investment and is benefitting from the cost cutting efforts ongoing in many developed countries.
With the diverse flora and fauna that India has, along with the large gene pool and ideal climate, the biotechnology market in India is progressing well, supported by favorable regulations by the Government of India.
Taiyou Research analyzes the potential of the Indian Biotechnology Industry in its research report Biotechnology market in India.
The report covers the following:
• A complete coverage of the global biotechnology market including industry definition, market profile, market statistics, industry performance, market segmentation, competition in the industry, global financing for biotechnology, and a future perspective.
• We analyze buyer power, supplier power, market entry, industry rivalry and presence of substitutes in keeping with Michael Porter's five forces framework analysis.
• Moving to the analysis of the biotechnology market in India, we analyze the industry through a market profile, impact of the economic recession on the market, investment in the industry, and biotech companies in India.
• Major tie-ups in the recent years are looked at, along with the issue of Bt Brinjal that rocked the industry recently. The growth of stem cell research and biosimilars is analyzed.
• We carry out a segmented analysis of the industry through the following segments: biopharmaceuticals, bioservices, bioagri, bioindustrial, and bioinformatics.
• The Indian biotechnology industry has gotten a lot of support from the government in the recent years and we analyze the regulatory reforms that has accelerated the growth of the industry, government and state-level initiatives driving the industry forward, and the intellectual regime in India and its impact on the biotech industry.
• Emerging business models in the biotechnology industry in India are analyzed, along with industry strategies such as public-private partnerships.
• A Michael Porter's Five Forces analysis is carried out on the Indian biotechnology industry, wherein we analyze the buyers' power in the market, suppliers' power, rivalry among competitors, threat of new entrants in the market, and the threat of substitutes.
• Generic drugs have a big role to play in the Indian biotech market and we analyze that through a section on the role of biogenerics in India as well as the impact of generic drugs on the Indian biotech industry.
• With the growth of the industry, the concept of biotech parks has become popular in India and we take a look at this through the profile of the Genome Valley.
• Major players analyzed in the Biotechnology Market in India include Aurobindo Pharma Limited, Bharat Biotech, Biocon, Dr. Reddy's, Jubilant Life Sciences, Novo Nordisk, Piramal Healthcare, Reliance Life Sciences, Wockhardt, Stempeutics Research, and many others.
• An analysis of the future of the industry along with the opportunities in the sector completes this cutting-edge research analysis.
Taiyou Research’s analysis of the Biotechnology Market in India offers a comprehensive and strategic analysis of this industry from an investment point of view.
Table of Contents:
1. Executive Summary
2. Profile of the Global Biotechnology Industry
2.1 Industry Definition
2.2 Market Profile
2.3 Market Statistics
2.4 Industry Performance
2.5 Market Segmentation
2.6 Competitive Landscape
2.7 Global Financing
2.8 Global Direct Investments
2.9 Buyer Power
2.10 Supplier Power
2.11 Market Entry
2.12 Rivalry in the Industry
2.13 Presence of Substitutes
2.14 Global Biotechnology Market: Future Perspective
3. Biotechnology Market in India
3.1 Market Profile
3.2 Impact of the Economic Recession on India’s Biotech Industry
3.3 Investment in India’s Biotechnology Market
3.3.1 Major Investments
3.4 Investment in Research and Infrastructure
3.5 Biotech Companies in India
3.6 Major Tie-ups
3.7 Issue of Bt Brinjal
3.8 Growth in Stem Cell Research
3.9 Emergence of Biosimilars
4. Segment Analysis
4.3.1 Hybrid Seeds
4.3.2 Biopesticides and Biofertilizers
5. Regulatory Reforms Accelerating Growth of Biotech
5.2 Government Initiatives
5.2.1 State-level Initiatives
5.2.2 Andhra Pradesh
5.2.3 Tamil Nadu
5.2.6 Himachal Pradesh
5.3 Intellectual Property Regime in India and the Biotech Industry
6. Emerging Business Models
7. Industry Strategies
7.1 Public-Private Partnerships
7.2 Requirement of Higher Venture Capital Funding in India
7.3 Moving to a Higher Value Chain
7.4 Enhancing Biotech Applications
7.5 Lucrative Domestic Market
7.6 Development of Skilled Manpower
7.7 Shortage of Manpower
7.8 Relationship between Pharma and Biotech Sectors
7.9 Boosting North-South Collaborations
7.10 Requirement of Innovation in Funding Models
7.11 Cluster Development
8. India Biotechnology Market: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
8.1 Buyers'/Customers' Power
8.2 Suppliers' Power
8.3 Rivalry among Competitors
8.4 Threat of New Entrants
8.5 Threat of Substitutes
For more information kindly visit :
The Dynamic Media, Sera and Reagent Market in Biotechnology
Future of White Biotechnology in China
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/BharatBook
Please visit our blog at http://bharatresearch.wordpress.com
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Demand ForecastMarketMarket ForecastMarket GrowthMarket LeadersMarket ShareMarket SizeResearchBiotechnology market forecastIndiaMarket ReportReport
- Research on Global and China Epoxy Resin Industry Chain Report
- The Geothermal Energy Market 2012-2022
- Adhesives and Sealants: Global Markets
- Dermatological Drugs: World Market Prospects 2012-2022
- The Electric and Range Extended Electric Light-Vehicle Report
- India Urban & Industrial Waste to Energy Market
- Understanding Russia's Regional Health Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Wind Bearing Industry
- Top 1000 Advertising Agents (European)
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Switzerland to 2016