Play Barbarian and Diplomat in the Upcoming Emissary of War for iOS
18-Jul-2011 | News-Press Release
Victoria, BC, Canada (July 14): Cedar Hill Games, a Victoria-based developer headed by former BioWare lead Tobyn Manthorpe, is thrilled to announce that Emissary of War will soon be available for iPhone and iPad. This fast-paced and fully 3D dungeon-crawling adventure is built on an original engine and includes voiceovers and in game cutscenes to present a unique story-driven mobile experience. Emissary of War will be available later this summer.
Screens can be downloaded from http://evolve-pr.com/embassyofwar/ .
In Emissary of War, you play the role of Ghent, a barbarian sent on a diplomatic mission that goes horribly wrong. With an alchemist companion, Hassock, offering much-needed backup, you will hack and slash your way through monsters and more, upgrading your weapons and tactics to deal with new threats to your mission. Your sense of duty and allegiances will be put to the test as you unravel the mystery behind your failed assignment.
Emissary of War features:
· Fully voiced characters and cutscenes that lead you through the storyline
· Game Center support with Achievements
· A twisting storyline that turns everything on its head
· Gameplay that tasks you with balancing control of Ghent and Hassock
· A beautiful 3D engine that runs on all iOS devices
“We've always known that standing out as an indie developer, especially in the iOS market, is about bringing gamers something that these devices have been lacking,” says studio founder Tobyn Manthorpe. He is confident that his years of experience in working on role playing games like Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights at BioWare will help him bring true character-centered story-telling RPG to the iOS platform.
“It takes a lot of work to breathe life into a virtual actor,” Manthorpe says, “but we're not shying away from it because we want players to have proper emotions about our characters. We also feel like we've overcome the challenge of matching this style of game with the needs of the iOS gamer: intuitive controls and stop-and-go gameplay.”
Learn more about Emissary of War at http://www.cedarhillgames.com/emissary.html or follow the news on Twitter: @cedarhillgames
About Cedar Hill Games
Cedar Hill Games is a studio in Victoria, Canada founded by Tobyn Manthorpe in 2009. Tobyn has worked as a multi-faceted artist on many triple-A titles during the 10 years he spent at BioWare Corp., including Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic and Dragon Age. By fostering teamwork and pride in their productions, Cedar Hill Games builds experiences that appeal to every person's natural sense of story.
Account Co-ordinator, Evolve PR
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!