New, Free DLC Included in Massive 1.3 Update for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
20-Jul-2011 | News-Press Release
July 20 – Warsaw, Poland. CD Projekt RED has released the huge 1.3 Update for The Witcher 2, bringing with it the free “A Sackful of Fluff” DLC and a long list of improvements for the RPG of the Year candidate. The update includes a plethora of fan-requested improvements, including difficulty adjustments for the game’s Prologue, support for a variety of aspect ratios and a host of other gameplay tweaks and fixes. The Witcher 2 1.3 Update is available at thewitcher.com and directly through digital distributors like GOG.com, Steam, Direct2Drive and others.
“A Sackful of Fluff” is a new quest in Chapter 2 of the game. To start the quest, players must visit the eccentric Elthon, who inhabits a solitary hut near the quarry outside Vergen. The quest will prove most rewarding to those who demonstrate patience.
Key improvements in the 1.3 Update include:
· Game now supports 4:3, 5:4, and 16:10 aspect ratios.
· Item storage has been added. Players can now store items from their Inventory at inns. To leave items in storage or collect previously stored items, talk to innkeepers.
· A ‘Junk’ panel has been added to the Inventory to provide greater clarity in item classification.
· A new menu option has been added under ‘Extras’ – this enables players to view in-game animated sequences (flashbacks, memory flashes, dreams stolen by harpies) outside of the game.
· ‘Dragon’ section of Prologue does not become available until after all assault-related sections have been completed, thereby softening the difficulty curve at the start of the game.
The full list of fixes and tweaks can be found at www.thewitcher.com/patch1-3/
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!