ReportsnReports.com: World Online Video Platforms Market
10-Aug-2011 | News-Press Release
Frost & Sullivan defines an online video platform (OVP) as a fee-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) video solution that helps content owners ingest, transcode, store, manage, protect, publish, syndicate, track and monetize online video.
The value proposition of an OVP solution is based on streamlining the entire process of configuring digital video content for publication for the emerging online and multi-platform device environment with an customizable, scalable, cost-effective solution. Market demand for OVP services is driven by a lack of universal video standards, confusing video protocols, and a desire for a simple, straightforward solution for delivering video to multiple devices. Additionally, online video platforms enable content owners to implement web-based video distribution quickly without having to commit significant CAPEX to an elaborate workflow of solutions to facilitate ingest to delivery.
The Online Video Platforms Market has experienced strong growth in the number of vendors offering solutions in the market since its inception around 2004, as an increasing number of media publishers look for a SaaS based platform to manage their video ecosystem. Frost & Sullivan expects moderate OVP industry growth over the next five years at xx.x percent, with fairly rapid growth in the next two to three years at xx percent, followed by slower year on year growth.The OVP market is dominated by six key fee-based service vendors alongside more than 30 vendors globally, many of who focus mostly on a niche functionality or specific verticals. The six key vendors that control the vast majority of market revenues are (in alphabetical order):
Brightcove, Kaltura, KIT digital, Limelight Networks (Delve Networks), Ooyala, and the Platform.
Browse All: Semiconductor and Electronics Market Research Reports
Frost & Sullivan anticipates a small amount of merger and acquisition activity in the OVP marketplace in the next three years, as well as exit of some vendors- which we have also seen within the past 12 months.
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Online Video Platforms MarketSemiconductor and Electronics Market Research ReportsMarket ResearchIndustry AnalysisMarket ShareMarket Sizemarketing research
- ReportsnReports - U.S. Airborne and Naval Surface Electronic Warfare Market
- ReportsnReports.com: Mobile Network Backhaul Infrastructure Market in Selected Sub-Saharan African Countries
- ReportsnReports.com: Brazilian Commercial Truck Market Analysis
- ReportsnReports.com: RFID Market in Apparel Supply Chains
- ReportsnReports.com: U.S. Next-Generation Sequencing Services Market Strategic Analysis
- ReportsnReports.com: North American Automotive Semiconductors Market
- ReportsnReports.com: Japan Home Energy Management Systems Market
- ReportsnReports.com: Outlook of the Russian Diamond Market
- ReportsnReports.com: Sub-Saharan Africa Infrastructure Chemicals and Materials Market
- ReportsnReports.com: North American Pneumatic Valves Market