ReportsnReports.com: Underbanked and Unbanked Consumers in the U.S.: Successfully Targeting Consumers of Alternative Financial Services
12-Aug-2011 | News-Press Release
Underbanked and Unbanked Consumers in the U.S. provides market size, industry and product revenue forecasts and analyzes the legislative and regulatory challenges driving the growth of alternative financial services (AFS). Increasingly, these products are seen as a viable alternative to banks by the 26% of U.S. households that are underbanked or unbanked.
This report U.S. Consumers Market analyzes the retail financial services activities and the macro and micro economic trends that have resulted in the percentage of households that are unbanked to rise for the first time since the Federal government began tracking consumer banking relationships. It also provides detailed demographic portraits of both underbanked and unbanked consumers while diving deeply into their financial behaviors and consumer psychographics. These consumers, buffeted by both the economy and the profit maximization strategies of retail banks, have been prime targets of non-traditional financial services providers offering transparent pricing, convenient retail locations and bespoke products that can be used according to the consumers’ needs and preferences.
Browse All: Banking and Financial Services Market Research
The report examines the efforts of banks and non-banks to market to underbanked and unbanked consumers and provides analysis of AFS pure-play and retailer product introductions, feature enhancements and pricing strategies.
The report also delves deeply into AFS initiatives in international markets and focuses on the technologies, new products, marketing and branch-level strategies realizing success abroad and transforming vendors and institutions into must-knowns to U.S. bank executives, AFS strategists and industry regulators.
Underbanked and Unbanked Consumers in the U.S. presents historical data and 5-year revenue forecasts for the alternative financial services market and each major AFS product: Prepaid cards, remittances, money orders, check cashing and payday lending. We anticipate those revenues increasing from $338 billion in 2010 to $520 billion in 2015.
About the Author: Elizabeth Rowe was the Group Director of Banking Advisory Services at Mercator Advisory Group, a banking and payments consultancy. Previously, she was the senior banking consultant at Guideline, Inc., a consultancy/business advisory firm. For the past 17 years, she has worked with the nation's largest banks, retailers and solutions providers as they assess emerging consumer, technological, regulatory and competitive challenges, trends and opportunities. She has taught at the ABA School of Bank Card Management and frequently speaks at industry, federal regulator and client conferences. She has been widely quoted in the financial press including The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, American Banker, Forbes, Independent Banker and CNN.
You can read table of contents for Underbanked and Unbanked Consumers in the U.S.: Successfully Targeting Consumers of Alternative Financial Services
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
7557 Rambler road,
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- U.S. Consumers MarketFinancial ServicesBanking and Financial Services Market Research ReportsMarket ResearchIndustry AnalysisMarket ShareMarket Sizemarketing research
- Clinical Laboratory Testing Volume 1: IVD Reagents and Instruments Markets
- ReportsnReports - Reinsurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Patient Monitoring Systems Market (2011 - 2016) - Global Trends, End-user & Value-Volume Analysis
- ReportsnReports - Consumer Health Market in Czech Republic
- ReportsnReports: Global Oil and Gas Discoveries in 2011 - South America and Asia Pacific Emerge as Prolific Regions for New Resource Finds
- ReportsnReports: Gas-to-Liquids Processes for Chemicals and Energy Production
- ReportsnReports: Finland ENT Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- ReportsnReports: Power Wheelchair Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2012 to 2018
- ReportsnReports - RYO Tobacco and The New Age of Total Tobacco
- ReportsnReports - Antioxidant Products in the US: Foods, Beverages, Supplements and Personal Care