ReportsnReports.com: Snack Foods in the U.S., 4th Edition
18-Aug-2011 | News-Press Release
U.S. retail sales of packaged snacks rose to nearly $64 billion in 2010, and Packaged Facts projects sales to approach $77 billion by 2015, a total market increase of over 20%. Despite the lingering effects of global recession, American consumers are snacking more than ever, thanks to less frequent restaurant dining, frenzied lifestyles that encourage on-the-go eating, and a growing tendency to replace meals with several smaller snacks. Additionally, marketers have responded to concerns about the growing impact of obesity on the health of the nation, and have made great strides in developing healthier snack foods that still taste good. While value is still one of the primary drivers of snack purchases, the economy has recovered to an extent that consumers are once again making health, convenience, and even indulgence top priorities as well.
This fully updated Packaged Facts report U.S. Snack Market examines the market for packaged sweet and salty snacks within the context of broader food industry trends in new product development and marketing. To accommodate the complexities of the U.S. market within shifting socioeconomic contexts, the report investigates not only the sales data, new product introductions and market positioning strategies, but also the lifestyle patterns that contribute to the rise and fall of snacking trends. This completely revised edition provides an omnibus approach to the market, examining snacks via two broad classifications, sweet and salty/savory, while providing greater detail for dozens of categories and segments in which market activity dictates closer inspection.
Browse All: Food Market Research
A new feature of this study is data from Packaged Facts’ new Food Shopper Insights Survey, conducted in March 2011. Gauging the shopping patterns and attitudes of adults who have shopped for groceries within 24 hours of being surveyed, these data paint a detailed picture of U.S. snack trends by broader consumer health goals and nutrition concerns, ingredient concerns such as low-sugar and gluten-free, purchase motivators such as “family favorite” and “product looked appetizing,” snack occasions and timing (e.g., “between meals,” weekday vs, weekend, at home vs away from home), brand loyalty by product type, store-brand appeal, and coupon usage. Additional data sources include multi-year Experian Simmons Market Research Bureau data, which provides a detailed look at category-level and brand penetration levels; InfoScan Review data, which quantifies marketer and brand shares across numerous product categories; and new product tracking data from Product Launch Analytics, a Datamonitor service. In addition, category-specific marketer and brand focus discussions help to define the relationship between consumer attitudes and product development.
You can read table of contents for Snack Foods in the U.S., 4th Edition
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
7557 Rambler road,
Blog : http://www.reportsnreportsblog.com/
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- U.S. Snack MarketFood and Beverages Market Research ReportsMarket Research ReportsMarket ResearchIndustry AnalysisMarket ShareMarket Sizemarketing research
- Clinical Laboratory Testing Volume 1: IVD Reagents and Instruments Markets
- ReportsnReports - Reinsurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Patient Monitoring Systems Market (2011 - 2016) - Global Trends, End-user & Value-Volume Analysis
- ReportsnReports - Consumer Health Market in Czech Republic
- ReportsnReports: Global Oil and Gas Discoveries in 2011 - South America and Asia Pacific Emerge as Prolific Regions for New Resource Finds
- ReportsnReports: Gas-to-Liquids Processes for Chemicals and Energy Production
- ReportsnReports: Finland ENT Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- ReportsnReports: Power Wheelchair Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2012 to 2018
- ReportsnReports - RYO Tobacco and The New Age of Total Tobacco
- ReportsnReports - Antioxidant Products in the US: Foods, Beverages, Supplements and Personal Care