ReportsnReports.com: Sugar, Sugar Substitute, and Sweetener Trends in the U.S., 3rd Edition
10-Sep-2011 | News-Press Release
The U.S. sweetener market is the largest and most diverse in the world, and Americans are the heaviest consumer of sweeteners. Dozens of sweetener choices are available at the retail/consumer level and for food manufacturers, ranging from sugar and its many variations to controversy-attracting high fructose corn syrup, and from a menu of artificial sweeteners to new plant-based sweeteners that offer the advantage of being natural products. In Sugar, Sugar Substitute, and Sweetener Trends in the U.S., 3rd Edition, Packaged Facts quantifies and analyzes the size and growth of the retail market for kitchen/tabletop sugar and sweeteners, as well as tracking emerging product and marketing opportunities. The roll-out of new products containing stevia, as well as accelerated purchase of new and existing stevia products by consumers, will continue to spur market growth, while saccharin will continue to lose ground. The market will also see changes in the organic and less-refined sugar categories, including organic evaporated cane juice.
Browse All: Beverages Market Research
Scope of Report
The sugar and sweetener market comprises sugar (including refined white sugar, brown sugar and other powdered, flavored and less-refined sugars); honey, molasses, corn sweeteners (including high-fructose corn syrup) and other caloric or nutritive sweeteners; non-caloric sugar substitutes, also called artificial sweeteners or high-intensity sweeteners; and polyols, also called sugar alcohols, used as sweeteners. The sweetener category also includes plant-based products relatively new to the U.S. sweetener market, including stevia extracts, which are plant-based, processed sweeteners, agave nectar or syrup and monk fruit. This report estimates and analyzes the size, growth rate and composition of the sugar and sweetener market in the United States. Because so much sugar and sweetener is sold for foodservice and industrial use, sales are provided for the retail market for kitchen/tabletop sweeteners as well as the market in its entirety.
The information in this report was obtained from both primary and secondary research. Primary research entailed Packaged Facts surveys of consumers as well as on-site examinations of supermarkets, drugstores, mass merchandisers, convenience stores, health/natural foods stores, specialty stores and club stores. Company, distributor and retail interviews were conducted to obtain information on new products and packaging trends, marketing programs, distribution methods and technological breakthroughs. Secondary research entailed data gathering from sources including consumer and industry publications, newspapers, government reports, financial reports, company literature and corporate annual reports.
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- U.S. sweetener marketSugar SubstituteFood and Beverages Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- Clinical Laboratory Testing Volume 1: IVD Reagents and Instruments Markets
- ReportsnReports - Reinsurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Patient Monitoring Systems Market (2011 - 2016) - Global Trends, End-user & Value-Volume Analysis
- ReportsnReports - Consumer Health Market in Czech Republic
- ReportsnReports: Global Oil and Gas Discoveries in 2011 - South America and Asia Pacific Emerge as Prolific Regions for New Resource Finds
- ReportsnReports: Gas-to-Liquids Processes for Chemicals and Energy Production
- ReportsnReports: Finland ENT Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- ReportsnReports: Power Wheelchair Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2012 to 2018
- ReportsnReports - RYO Tobacco and The New Age of Total Tobacco
- ReportsnReports - Antioxidant Products in the US: Foods, Beverages, Supplements and Personal Care