Behind the Scenes at ARINC: 10 Years After 9/11
12-Sep-2011 | News-Press Release
Annapolis, Md. – The PRSA Central Chesapeake Chapter will kick off its fall 2011 schedule with a luncheon meeting to be held at the ARINC Corporate Headquarters on Thurs., Sept. 29, with a first-hand account of the company’s role in the 9/11 events.
When a catastrophic event takes place and you play a critical role in it, what do you do when you are not allowed to share information with the media or via social networking? That’s the position in which ARINC found itself on 9/11. Looking back 10 years later, a communications director from ARINC will share the challenges they faced on that horrific day and the steps they took to only communicate critical information.
The meeting will be held from noon to 1 p.m. in the adjoining room to the Operations Center where constant communication took place on 9/11 with airline operations personnel and cockpit crews. The speaker is Scott Foster, Director Airline Operations Center, who was “right in the thick of things” that fateful day. He will share his personal experience of how bringing thousands of planes and passengers safely to the ground was the utmost goal.
The program with lunch will be held at ARINC’s offices at 2551 Riva Road in Annapolis. Reservations are required by Monday, Sept. 26, for security clearance reasons. All attendees will be required to provide photo identification. Any non-U.S. citizen planning on attending will need to provide proof of country citizenship and be required to fill out additional paperwork before being allowed into the facility.
PRSA is the world’s largest organization for public relations professionals. The Central Chesapeake Chapter’s speaker series offers a guest speaker of professional interest along with networking opportunities and lunch/refreshments. For more information, visit the website at www.prsachesapeake.org.
# # #
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!