Latex Glove Price Rockets
15-Sep-2011 | News-Press Release
The rising price of oil has driven up the cost of synthetic latex, causing more demand for natural rubber latex gloves.
In actual fact, the demand for surgical latex gloves, is growing 10 to 12 percent a year worldwide.
Demand for natural rubber is also increasing exponentially as a result of tyre manufacturers increasing their demand for the product, according to the American Health Industry Distributors Association (HIDA). Prices for butadiene-the petrochemical used to make synthetic rubber-have jumped 93 percent in the past year. Butadiene comes from processing crude oil. As crude oil prices hit record highs, tyre manufacturers have switched from synthetic to natural rubber, driving up demand, decreasing supplies, and resulting in higher prices for natural rubber and rubber gloves.
Naturally, latex glove manufacturers have been forced to share the burden of the cost increases with consumers. However, MARGMA's president, KH Oon, has asked its members to base their price increases on the cost of materials. """"We urge glove buyers to understand our members' predicament and work with our members, who are their suppliers, to develop a flexible pricing mechanism based on cost, particularly natural rubber latex cost,"""" Oon said.
Latex gloves are the most popular type of glove being worn in the workplace. Because of their strength and thickness, they are often considered the best line of defence in healthcare settings.
Latex gloves are less likely to puncture or tear, and they resist many chemicals, including acids and alkalis. They're also very supple, which makes them very comfortable to wear.
Latex gloves have been in the marketplace for hundreds of years. And despite the rising prices, consumers will continue to rely on their superior protective qualities of latex gloves. We at Omnisurge offer two different types of latex gloves: powder and powder-free - and we continue to do our best to keep prices in check.
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- first aid supplies sphygmomanometerdiagnostic equipmentmedical equipment suppliershealth care productsmedical supply
- South African Women in Business Senior Management at 28%
- Motorcycle Trips Equal Big Fun
- Can Extra lessons Improve South Africa’s Failing Education System?
- The Real Unemployment Rate In South Africa
- Job Creation For Women Can Tap Into An Under-Utilised Workforce
- Imagine Life Without Telecommunication Services
- The Impact Of Internet And Telecommunication Engineering In Our Lives
- Ecosfera: Rigenerare Un Quartiere, L’Esperienza di San Girolamo a Bari
- Fabric Distributors In South Africa, The Right Business Choice
- Consumer Discretionary Spending Tiger Brands & Mr Price