Paralegal, Accountant and Loan Officer Top List of Most Underrated Jobs
21-Sep-2011 | News-Press Release
CARLSBAD, CA, USA/AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS (Sept. 20, 2011) From elementary school on, we were told to aim high in our careers and strive for such prestigious jobs as doctor, lawyer, pilot and even President. In CareerCast.com’s new report on the most underrated jobs, the excitement those jobs promise typically sounds a lot better than the reality. According to CareerCast.com, the jobs held by our parents, neighbors and siblings, which seemed like “normal” jobs, may actually provide many more rewards than we ever imagined.
“While terms like flashy, glitzy, glamorous and prestigious aren’t typically associated with our list of underrated jobs, these careers have some great advantages that are often overlooked,” says Tony Lee, publisher, CareerCast.com. “They’re professions that don’t woo people with the high salaries or notoriety, but instead have characteristics that make them especially worthy.”
CareerCast.com’s most underrated jobs typically have median-to-higher income levels, lower stress, lower environmental dangers and lower physical demands. And even in this tight economy, all share one great attribute: a lower than average unemployment rate.
"I have the best of both worlds. I get to do the work that I want, but I don't have the high demands that a lawyer does,” says Jennifer Dahms, a paralegal at a Milwaukee law firm, the career that took top honors in the CareerCast.com ranking. "I wouldn't say that my job is underrated. I would say it's equally balanced. I get to take vacations, leave work and have a life."
While the paparazzi may not be knocking down their doors, the following jobs are worth a look if you’re considering changing careers. They also apply if you’re a recent graduate looking for a career that will reward you for years to come.
CareerCast.com’s Most Underrated Jobs:
1. Paralegal/Legal Assistant, average income $47,153.00
2. Accountant, average income $60,174.00
3. Loan Officer, average income $55,239.00
4. Market Research Analyst, average income $62,229.00
5. Software Engineer, average income $87,140.00
6. Computer Systems Analyst, average income $77,153.00
7. Insurance Agent, average income $46,342.00
8. Dietician, average income $52,127.00
9. Dental Hygienist, average income $67,107.00
10. Civil Engineer, average income $76,139.00
11. Physical Therapist, average income $74,104.00
12. Chiropractor, average income $68,358.00
CareerCast.com editors reviewed our in-depth Jobs Rated data to identify the most underrated jobs based on a range of criteria, including income, stress, danger, physical demands, and outlook. To read the full report, visit www.CareerCast.com.
CareerCast.com, created by Adicio, is a job search portal that offers extensive local, niche and national job listings from across North America, job-hunting, career-management and HR-focused editorial content, videos and blogs, and provides recruiters with the ability to post jobs directly to more than 800 niche career sites. CareerCast.com also compiles the Jobs Rated Report (www.jobsrated.com), where 200 jobs across North America are ranked based on detailed analysis of specific careers factors.
Beth Brody, Brody PR
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!