ReportsnReports.com: Crop Protection Chemicals Market by Type (Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Bio-pesticides and Adjuvants)
29-Sep-2011 | News-Press Release
The global crop protection market consists of crop protection chemicals or agrochemicals, seeds, and genetically modified (GM) crops. Crop protection chemicals are the most dominating segment of this market in terms of market share as well as product innovations. Crop protection chemicals are further classified as pesticides (herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides), bio-pesticides, micronutrients, and adjuvants. As the latter three segments hold very minor market share, in general practice, pesticides are referred to as crop protection chemicals.
Pesticides are basically segmented further as synthetic pesticides and bio-based pesticides. Bio-based pesticides, as the name suggests, are made up of renewable resources and contain no synthetic active ingredients. These pesticides have a much more positive impact on the environment than their synthetic counterparts and are expected to be amongst the fastest growing pesticide segments in the near future.
Synthetic pesticides, which are typically manufactured from petrochemical or inorganic raw materials, are further segmented as insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides. Globally, the market is dominated by fungicides, accounting for over 40% of the total demand for pesticides in 2010. The global market for herbicides is expected to grow at a CAGR 4.6% from 2011 to 2016 to reach 1,351.3 kilo tons by 2016. In terms of revenue, it is expected to reach $24,821.1 million by 2016, growing at a CAGR of 5.9%. However, there are exceptions in regions such as India where insecticides are the most popular pesticides, accounting for over 40% of the total Indian market. The global market for insecticides is projected to reach 534.7 kilo tons by 2016, growing at a CAGR of 4.1%.
Shrinking of arable land in recent years, growing population, and increasing need to improve crop yields are expected to drive the demand for crop protection chemicals in the near future. However, the constant push from regulatory authorities such as EPA (Environment Protection Agency) to restrict the use of pesticides in order to reduce the impact on the environment and growing consumer awareness regarding pesticide consumption due to residues is expected to hamper the demand for crop protection chemicals in the next five years.
One of the critical success factors (CSFs) in the market is the ability of a market player to preserve intellectual property through patents of its active ingredients and the ability to develop, register, and commercialize active ingredients coming off patents. This battle of generic against patented products is expected to be a key issue in the crop protection industry in the subsequent five years.
This report estimates the market size of the global crop protection chemicals marketboth in terms of active ingredient volume and revenue. The market has been further segmented on the basis of crop types such as cereals, grains, oilseeds, and vegetables as well as by sub-segmentation of insecticides, fungicides, and herbicides such as glyphosate, atrazine, and 2,4-D. This segmentation is given for major regions and key countries in those regions. Market drivers, restraints and challenges, raw material, and product price trends are discussed in detail. Market share by participants for the overall market is discussed in detail in the report. We have also profiled leading players of this industry including Bayer CropScience (Germany), BASF (Germany), Monsanto (U.S.), and Dow Agrosciences (U.S.).
Browse All: Chemicals Market Research
Scope of the report
This research report Crop Protection Chemicals Market by Type (Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Bio-pesticides and Adjuvants), Geography, Price Trends and Global Forecasts (2011-2016) categorizes the global market for crop protection chemicals on the basis of raw materials, product types, crop applications, and geography; forecasting volumes and revenue and analyzing trends in each of the following submarkets:
• On the basis of applications: Insecticides, Herbicides, Fungicides, Bio-Pesticides, Micro-Nutrients and Adjuvants
• On the basis of crop applications: Cereals, Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, Oilseeds and Cotton
• On the basis of geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and ROW
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Crop Protection Chemicals MarketChemicals Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Luxury Retailing: Market Size, Brand Strategies and Competitor Performance
- ReportsnReports.com: SiC Market
- ReportsnReports.com: Emerging Markets for Microfluidic Applications (EMMA 2011)
- ReportsnReports.com: WLCSP Market & Industrial Trends
- ReportsnReports.com: Outlet Center Retailing in Europe: Major Players, Strategies and New Opportunities
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Enterprise VoWLAN Single-mode and DECT Phone Market
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Home Automation and Control Systems Market by Products and Technologies (2011-2016)
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Clinical Trials Market (2007 - 2010)
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Smartphone Security Market by Operating Systems, Ownership & Features (2011 – 2016)
- ReportsnReports.com: Global Building Automation & Control Systems Market by Products, Applications & Technologies (2011 – 2016)