ReportsnReports.com: Cell Culture: The World Market for Media, Sera and Reagents, 3rd. Edition
05-Oct-2011 | News-Press Release
Several cell culture-derived biopharmaceutical drugs were launched in the US and European markets in 2010. Biopharmaceuticals (recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibody and nucleic acid-based products) represent the fastest growing sector in the pharmaceutical industry. Driving the extraordinary interest in biopharmaceuticals is the ability of these large proteins to target diseases in a very specific manner, thus maximizing efficacy while minimizing side effects.
Growth in the development and production of biopharmaceuticals is the most significant driver of the cell culture market. Biological products are developed from large and complex protein molecules, which require equally complex manufacturing methods and an array of analytical techniques. Protein-based biopharmaceuticals are invariably produced by an initial cell culture step (upstream processing), followed by product recovery, purification and formulation into final product format (downstream processing).
Browse All: Biotechnology Market
This report analyzes the world market for the cell cultures used in these steps and the major trends driving this market. Forecasts and current market sizing are provided in three specific segments:
• Sera, and
In addition to a thorough discussion of the technologies and techniques currently employed and emerging in the cell culture area, the Kalorama’s exhaustive report provides specific information on:
• Market Size, growth, and forecasts of the segments through 2015
• Competitive Market Share by leading supplier as of 2010.
• Estimated Market Share by Region (North America, Europe, U.S.)
• Key Market Drivers and Restraints for suppliers, including discussions of biopharmaceutical pipelines, biomedical R&D directions, and the future of transgenic plant and animal production.
• Review of the various expression systems (Bacteria, Yeast, Insect, and Mammal) and the biopharmaceutical product manufactured by these systems
• Discussion of the preferences in media types vying for dominance in the market, including the following:
ADCF – animal derived component free media
CD – chemically defined media
CSFM – complete serum free medium
PF – protein free media
SF – serum free media
SFM – serum free medium
• Major Trends Impacting the Market stem cell research (including plans of major companies)cell culture-based vaccine Production and generic bipharmaceuticals
• Profiles of Leading Suppliers and information about M&A activities in recent years
The information for this report Cell Culture: The World Market for Media, Sera and Reagents, 3rd. Edition was gathered using both primary and secondary research including comprehensive research of secondary sources such as company literature, databases, investment reports, and medical and business journals. Telephone interviews and email correspondence were the primary method of gathering information. For the purpose of this study Kalorama Information conducted interviews with key industry officials, consultants, and government personnel. These sources were the primary basis in gathering information specifically relating to revenue and market share data presented in this report. Specific interviews with pharmaceutical company and cell culture supply company representatives included marketing directors, division managers, and product representatives.
All Kalorama reports advertise the single user price, which limits access to one user. We also feature department and global pricing for reports that will be utilized by more than one user at your company. Please ask your sales representative or select the correct license on our website.
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Cell Culture MarketBiotechnology Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- ReportsnReports: LTE and LTE-Advanced Devices: Market Share, Key Trends, Vendor Strategies, Shipments, Revenue
- ReportsnReports: World FLNG Investments and Industry Outlook to 2016- FLNG to witness Rapid Growth to 2020
- ReportsnReports: Construction Market in Slovakia 2012
- ReportsnReports - Polish Packaging Industry Outlook to 2016I
- ReportsnReports: Food Bars in the U.S. - Trends in Cereal/Granola Bars and Energy/Nutrition Bars
- ReportsnReports - Advances in Ion Channel Drug Discovery
- ReportsnReports: Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) Industry - Global Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape
- ReportsnReports: Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes Market to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Competitive Benchmarking of Decorative Coatings Companies in Asia Pacific
- ReportsnReports: Market Opportunities and Business Strategies in Private Label Branding in Brazil