MarketReportsOnline - Health Technology Assessment (HTA): a European perspective
04-Dec-2011 | News-Press Release
The bottom line: For payers facing tough financial crunches across Europe, Health Technology Assessment (HTA) is becoming increasingly important. Not only is HTA influencing reimbursement, it is having an impact on price and market access.
And it’s not surprising. With greater scrutiny over the clinical and financial value of drugs, medical devices and procedures, HTA is increasingly being accepted around the world. The European situation is somewhat different: existing across multiple borders, the ‘Europeanisation’ agenda of HTA has sparked debates about European-wide standards, the possibility of a single agency governing HTA and the need for formalized cooperation.
In Health Technology Assessment (HTA): a European perspective, FirstWord examines the current role of HTA in Europe, from its impact on reimbursement and pricing to market access. The report focuses on the experiences of five European nations, reviewing the history of HTA and the key agencies in each. Written by an expert health economist and with insight from experts from NICE, EUnetHTA , the EMA and leading pharmaceutical companies, the report reveals the problems, pitfalls and—most importantly—the potential of a harmonized approach to HTA in Europe.
Browse All: FirstWord Pharma Market Research
• Detailed examination of the role of HTA in European pricing, reimbursement and market access
• An overview of the role of HTA in Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the UK
• Country-by-country breakdown of key agencies
• Expert insight into the ‘Europeanisation’ of HTA and its key challenges
• Review of the potential and pitfalls
• Full overview the role of HTA in Europe
• Insights from experts in the European Medicines Agency, the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence and leading pharmaceutical companies
• Comprehensive references to key literature
Market Reports Online is an online library of 50,000+ reports & in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets covering 25 industries.
+1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Health Technology AssessmentPharmaceuticals Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- Vitamins and Provitamins - Top 5 European Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Special Steel Industry
- ReportsnReports: Emerging Opportunities and Growth Prospects in the Mexican Travel Intermediaries Industry, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
- ReportsnReports - The Future of Italian Foodservice Industry to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Germany – The Future of HNWIs to 2016: Wealth in the Powerhouse of Europe
- ReportsnReports: 2012 Deep Research Report on China PV Power Station Operator
- ReportsnReports: The Future of Retailing in Chile to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology
- ReportsnReports: Amusement Park Foodservice Trends in the U.S.
- ReportsnReports - Battery Control Technology: Global Markets