ReportsnReports - Market and Product Forecasts: COPD in China - Novel therapies to see patient potential limited by high cost
24-Dec-2011 | News-Press Release
The increasing prevalence of COPD and new therapies will boost the Chinese COPD market from $204m to $317m by 2020. Spiriva will become the market leader from 2013 and maintain the position through 2020, owing to its wide application across all disease severities. A number of novel products will increase the product offering on the market, with most pipeline products aimed at more severe patients.
Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report @
Features and benefits
• Access Datamonitor’s patient-based COPD market forecast in China, with transparent methodology and clear assumptions.
• Explore the current and future market size of COPD in China and see which key brands will impact the market.
• Gain insight into COPD market dynamics, and see where untapped market potential remains.
• Understand which factors are driving growth in the Chinese COPD market, and what challenges pipeline products face.
Datamonitor forecasts the Chinese COPD market to increase from $204m in 2011 to $317m by 2020, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over 2011–20 of 5.0%. Market growth will not only be boosted by patients continuing to switch to more convenient, and more expensive, combination drugs, but also by the increasing prevalence of COPD in China.
Datamonitor forecasts that five new therapies will enter the Chinese market over 2011–20, including the first once-daily ICS/LABA combination and LABA/LAMA combinations. While these combinations are clinically attractive, their commercial potential will be restricted by their relatively high price.
Datamonitor estimates that in 2011 Seretide and Spiriva top all brands by achieving $48m and $46m respectively, together capturing 46% of the Chinese COPD market. Spiriva will face competition from several pipeline products after 2013, but its wide clinical application across all disease severities will allow it to maintain its market dominance.
Explore Table of Contents available in the report Market and Product Forecasts: COPD in China – Novel therapies to see patient potential limited by high cost.
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Clinical Laboratory Testing Volume 1: IVD Reagents and Instruments Markets
- ReportsnReports - Reinsurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Patient Monitoring Systems Market (2011 - 2016) - Global Trends, End-user & Value-Volume Analysis
- ReportsnReports - Consumer Health Market in Czech Republic
- ReportsnReports: Global Oil and Gas Discoveries in 2011 - South America and Asia Pacific Emerge as Prolific Regions for New Resource Finds
- ReportsnReports: Gas-to-Liquids Processes for Chemicals and Energy Production
- ReportsnReports: Finland ENT Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- ReportsnReports: Power Wheelchair Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2012 to 2018
- ReportsnReports - RYO Tobacco and The New Age of Total Tobacco
- ReportsnReports - Antioxidant Products in the US: Foods, Beverages, Supplements and Personal Care