ReportsnReports - Canada: Healthcare System and Drug Regulatory Overview
25-Dec-2011 | News-Press Release
The pricing and reimbursement process in Canada is considered to be challenging to pharma, and although the Patented Medicines Prices Review Board, the Common Drug Review, and the public drug plans have their distinct strategies for regulating drug prices, there is substantial variation in reimbursement between provinces.
In terms of the drug approval process, Health Canada takes longer to award marketing approval for new drugs than the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Consequently, in order to speed up the process, user fees were increased in April 2011, and from April 2012 all fees will be increased annually by 2%.
Canada lacks any workable right of appeal under its linkage system and it is the only G7 nation that does not offer any form of patent term restoration. Because of this, Canada is on the PhRMA Special 301 Watch List and major reform of the intellectual property system has been called for.
Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report @
Features and benefits
• Assess the key factors facing pharma in terms of regulatory issues, pricing and reimbursement.
• Review the insurance and healthcare system in Canada including recent health reforms.
• Gain insight into regulatory and intellectual property issues in Canada.
• Review important pricing and reimbursement issues in Canada.
The pricing and reimbursement process in Canada is considered to be challenging to pharma. Furthermore, Health Canada takes longer to award marketing approval for new drugs than the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Also, while the intellectual property environment in Canada has improved in recent years, it is still considered to be behind that of other G7 countries.
Explore Table of Contents available in the report Canada: Healthcare System and Drug Regulatory Overview.
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Clinical Laboratory Testing Volume 1: IVD Reagents and Instruments Markets
- ReportsnReports - Reinsurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Patient Monitoring Systems Market (2011 - 2016) - Global Trends, End-user & Value-Volume Analysis
- ReportsnReports - Consumer Health Market in Czech Republic
- ReportsnReports: Global Oil and Gas Discoveries in 2011 - South America and Asia Pacific Emerge as Prolific Regions for New Resource Finds
- ReportsnReports: Gas-to-Liquids Processes for Chemicals and Energy Production
- ReportsnReports: Finland ENT Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- ReportsnReports: Power Wheelchair Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2012 to 2018
- ReportsnReports - RYO Tobacco and The New Age of Total Tobacco
- ReportsnReports - Antioxidant Products in the US: Foods, Beverages, Supplements and Personal Care