ReportsnReports: Plastics in Electronic Enclosures: Global Markets
11-Jan-2012 | News-Press Release
The surge of new electronic products, led by small and mobile computer-based devices, has resulted in significant changes in resin selection for enclosures. Downsizing and thin walling have necessitated a reevaluation of resins because of more demanding physical-property requirements and molding challenges. In addition, a reevaluation is also necessary for resins used in the stationary portion of the market, which includes enclosures for desktop computers and flat-panel displays.
This study analyzes new developments, particularly the complex scenario of very small enclosures, given that mobile electronic devices have become increasingly smaller and lighter. There have also been changes in the market for stationary electronic devices, especially because of the additional protection required for power supplies within these units.
Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report @
• The global market for plastics used in electronic enclosures was 6.9 billion pounds in 2011. BCC expects this market to reach 7.4 billion pounds by 2012 and to reach 9.9 billion pounds by 2017, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1%.
• The stationary electronic device segment was 6.7 billion pounds in 2011, which is expected to reach to 7.2 billion pounds in 2012. The segment is then forecast to grow to 9.5 billions pound by 2017, increasing at a CAGR of 5.9% for the five year period.
• The mobile electronic device segment was 179.1 million pounds in 2011 and is expected to reach 201 million pounds in 2012. BCC forecasts this market will further grow at a CAGR of 12.6% and will reach 363.4 million pounds in 2017.
Explore Comprehensive list of Tables & Figures available in the report Plastics in Electronic Enclosures: Global Markets
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ReportsnReports: Global Renewable Power Investment Outlook for 2012 - Key Factors Influencing Investment Decisions
- ReportsnReports - 2012 Insurance Pricing Post Gender Ruling
- ReportsnReports: North American Medium/Heavy-duty Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Market
- ReportsnReports - 2012: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management
- ReportsnReports: Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars: Global Trends & Forecasts to 2016
- ReportsnReports - LNG Industry Outlook in South and Central America, 2012 - Capacity Analysis, Forecasts and Details of All Operating
- ReportsnReports: Green Growth in Hygiene Products
- ReportsnReports: 2012 Deep Research Report on Global and China PV Inverter Industry
- ReportsnReports: European Markets for Dental Bone Graft Substitutes, Dental Membranes and Tissue Engineering 2012 (21 countries)
- ReportsnReports: Retailing in Bosnia-Herzegovina