ReportsnReports: Tissue Engineering and Regeneration: Technologies and Global Markets
13-Jan-2012 | News-Press Release
The global market for tissue engineering and regeneration products reached $55.9 billion in 2010, is expected to reach $59.8 billion by 2011, and will further grow to $89.7 billion by 2016 at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.4%.
• The contribution of the U.S region was 45.4% of the total market in 2010 which was a value of $25.3 billion. The market is expected to reach $26.8 billion by 2011 and will further grow to $40.4 billion by 2016 at a CAGR of 8.5%.
• The contribution of the European region was 43.3% of the market in 2010, a value of $24.2 billion. The market is expected to reach $25.5 billion by 2011 and will further grow to $36.1 billion by 2016 at a CAGR of 7.2%.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report provides an overview of the tissue engineering and regeneration industry. It describes existing products on the market and offers detailed analysis of the competitive environments, including new and potential markets for novel therapies and treatments. The study includes information about significant industry players, trends, and obstacles, and discusses factors affecting the development of new products, devices, and therapies.
Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report Tissue Engineering and Regeneration Industry
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
Tissue engineering is a multidisciplinary study involving biology, medicine, and engineering to create products and devices that will improve or replace biological functions and organs. The first experiments in tissue engineering date back to the 1960s. More than a decade ago, the industry introduced the first FDA-approved, tissue-engineered commercial product—artificial skin substitute.
Although tissue engineering has enormous commercial potential, it seems that this market develops at a very slow pace. After the introduction of skin substitutes and cartilage regeneration products in the last decade or so, not much progress has been made in the industry. Moreover, some of the products have been discontinued. One of the main reasons for this slow development is the biological complexity of growing organs and tissue replacements. In addition, current technologies are not efficient enough to make these products cost-effective alternatives.
Overall, the tissue engineering market is a heterogeneous industry and can be divided into number of subsectors. Skin substitutes are a relatively developed segment, while tissue-engineered products for the nervous system comprise a sector that is still in a preliminary stage. Recent developments in regeneration research, especially stem cell research, give hope that new scientific breakthroughs will lead to innovative products.
In summary, this report will highlight the main segments of the tissue engineering and regeneration industry, its major market participants, and current and future market trends. The report will also highlight specific geographical regions that have individual market characteristics. Drivers and challenges in each sector of this industry will be discussed in detail, including forecasts for the next 5 years.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This report is a current and important business tool for evaluating new, commercial opportunities in the tissue engineering market. The geographic scope of this study covers the U.S., Europe, and other parts of the world. The market is complex and consists of many sectors, each affected differently by scientific and technological developments. The report identifies the primary positive and negative factors in each sector and forecasts future trends, products, and therapies for each category.
Explore Tables of Contents available in the report Tissue Engineering and Regeneration: Technologies and Global Markets @http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/144588-tissue-engineering-and-regeneration-technologies-and-global-markets.html.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Tissue Engineering and Regeneration IndustryHealthcare Market Research Reports market researchindustry analysismarket share
- Clinical Laboratory Testing Volume 1: IVD Reagents and Instruments Markets
- ReportsnReports - Reinsurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Patient Monitoring Systems Market (2011 - 2016) - Global Trends, End-user & Value-Volume Analysis
- ReportsnReports - Consumer Health Market in Czech Republic
- ReportsnReports: Global Oil and Gas Discoveries in 2011 - South America and Asia Pacific Emerge as Prolific Regions for New Resource Finds
- ReportsnReports: Gas-to-Liquids Processes for Chemicals and Energy Production
- ReportsnReports: Finland ENT Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- ReportsnReports: Power Wheelchair Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2012 to 2018
- ReportsnReports - RYO Tobacco and The New Age of Total Tobacco
- ReportsnReports - Antioxidant Products in the US: Foods, Beverages, Supplements and Personal Care