ReportsnReports: Power and Energy Measurement: Worldwide Market Forecasts - First Edition
22-Feb-2012 | News-Press Release
Measuring real-time energy consumption, and adjusting power delivery at critical loads (as opposed to simple “on-off” functions), are becoming increasingly important in today’s commercial, residential and industrial environments. The ability to “fine-tune” energy usage requires sophisticated power monitoring and measurement techniques.
Driven by such diverse trends as Zero Net Energy and data center infrastructure management, this type of “advanced” power measurement has value in Distributed Power Systems, Metering, Home Automation, Industrial Automation, and Building Automation. The market for Power & Energy Measurement in these applications is projected to grow from 25.3 million units in 2012 to 108.4 million units in 2017, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 33.8%.
Each application has very specific dynamics, however, and is expected to grow at varying rates. Applications need different levels of advanced power measurement, for instance. In other cases, a single application will provide several opportunities. “Smart” meters, for instance, will provide board-level power opportunities, with a subset of that market – “demand response” meters – leading to specific power supply opportunities.
Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report Power and Energy Measurement Market
Darnell has identified four markets that will benefit from advanced power and energy measurement functions: Embedded AC-DC Power Supplies, Power Distribution Units; Motor Drives; and Telecom Rectifiers. Embedded AC-DC power supplies are a strong unit market with healthy sales between 2012 and 2017. But all of these products have been targeted by companies making ICs for advanced power measurement functions; and they are all likely to be good markets, both in terms of market share and growth rates. Other power supplies, such as photovoltaic inverters and uninterruptible power supplies, are not forecast, but their role in this market is put in perspective.
“Zero net energy” is one of the drivers that could lead to an increased need for accurate power and energy measurement. Renewable energy micro-grids with decentralized management and control offer increasing degrees of grid reliability, stability, and resiliency in the face of power outages. In this situation, the role of the utility may expand over time to include both power management and power generation (exporting and importing power). Such power generation and management includes PV rooftops systems, PV/zero-energy homes and vehicle systems, and other distributed energy resource systems. Linking PV systems at the community level can offer some of the economies of scale of utility-scale PV applications. Many of these PV applications are already cost-effective for certain markets, and they are likely to expand over the next few years. PV inverters, although not included in this forecast, represent a potential, longer-term market.
Major points covered in Table of Contents of this report include:
Background and Demand Characteristics
Utility Demand Response
Other Demand Characteristics
Zero Net Energy (ZNE)
Standards and Regulations
Digital Power Management and Accuracy Requirements
Power Factor Correction (PFC)
Worldwide Power & Energy Measurement Forecasts
Distributed Power Systems
Power Supply Forecasts
Selected Company Profiles
Maxim Integrated Products
Microchip Technology Inc
• Appendix A: Energy Management Systems: Conference Reports
• Appendix B: Terms and Acronyms
• List of Tables
• List of Figures
Explore Comprehensive list of Tables and Figures available in the report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/147974-power-and-energy-measurement-worldwide-market-forecasts-first-edition.html
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Power and Energy Measurement IndustryEnergy Market Research ReportsPower Market Research Reports market researchindustry analysismarket share
- ReportsnReports: LTE and LTE-Advanced Devices: Market Share, Key Trends, Vendor Strategies, Shipments, Revenue
- ReportsnReports: World FLNG Investments and Industry Outlook to 2016- FLNG to witness Rapid Growth to 2020
- ReportsnReports: Construction Market in Slovakia 2012
- ReportsnReports - Polish Packaging Industry Outlook to 2016I
- ReportsnReports: Food Bars in the U.S. - Trends in Cereal/Granola Bars and Energy/Nutrition Bars
- ReportsnReports - Advances in Ion Channel Drug Discovery
- ReportsnReports: Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) Industry - Global Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape
- ReportsnReports: Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes Market to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Competitive Benchmarking of Decorative Coatings Companies in Asia Pacific
- ReportsnReports: Market Opportunities and Business Strategies in Private Label Branding in Brazil