ReportsnReports: Global Markets, Technologies and Materials for Thin and Ultrathin Films
25-Feb-2012 | News-Press Release
The global market for thin film technologies (including equipment, materials and services) is currently valued at more than $50 billion and continues to grow. On-going miniaturization in the semiconductor industry also impacts other sectors. As a result, there is a continuous effort to create components and products that are smaller, thinner, lighter and also, for certain applications, flexible. In addition, new developments in nanotechnology are also contributing to advances in materials and fabrication methods for producing very thin films, that is, those films below 30 nanometers or those with a thickness measured in atoms.
There are various types of thin film materials (e.g., metals, alloys, oxides, non-oxides, metalorganics and metal salts). These materials can be deposited by a variety of physical or chemical methods, and they find application in the fabrication process of numerous devices within several industrial sectors (including electronics, optoelectronics, mechanical/chemical, energy, optical coatings, life science and decorative coatings).
At the time of BCC’s last report (2004), the global market for thin film materials was valued at $7.1 billion and growing at a fairly rapid pace. Since then, the industry has continued to evolve in important ways. In addition, at the end of 2007, growth in the global economy began to slow dramatically along with many sectors in which these materials are used, leading to a steep drop in sales during the ensuing two years.
• The global market for thin film materials increased from $6.9 billion in 2009 to nearly $8.4 billion in 2010 and it is estimated to be valued at nearly $9.3 billion in 2011. BCC projects this market to reach nearly $14.9 billion by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10%.
• Chemical processes (including chemical vapor deposition, liquid-phase deposition and plating-type deposition methods) accounted for 54.8% of all revenues in 2011 and was around $5.1 billion. This market is further expected to grow to $7.4 billion by 2016, a CAGR of 7.8%.
• Physical processes (including evaporation, sputtering and ionic deposition) accounted for the remaining 45.2%, corresponding to total revenues of nearly $4.2 billion in 2011. This particular market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.3% to reach $7.5 billion by 2016.
Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report Thin and Ultrathin Films Materials Market
Specifically, the major objectives of this study are:
• Provide an update on the most advanced processes employed for the fabrication of thin and ultrathin films.
• Provide an overview of the most common materials used for each thin film deposition process and identify new materials.
• Highlight new technological developments in the fabrication of thin films, while outlining technical issues.
• Review the several fields of application for thin film technologies and investigate emerging applications.
• Estimate current worldwide markets for thin film materials, and forecast the growth for each market segment through 2016.
• Identify important technology and market trends within each market segment.
• Supply an updated review of current producers of thin film materials.
• Determine trends in U.S. patents and worldwide patents issued during the most recent years.
Major points covered in Table of Contents of this report include:
Chapter- 1: INTRODUCTION – Complimentary 8
Chapter- 2: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 3
Chapter- 3: OVERVIEW 8
Chapter- 4: TECHNOLOGIES AND MATERIALS FOR THIN AND ULTRATHIN FILMS 53
Chapter- 5: GLOBAL MARKETS 37
Chapter- 6: ELECTRONICS 13
Chapter- 7: OPTOELECTRONICS 14
Chapter- 8: MECHANICAL/CHEMICAL 14
Chapter- 9: ENERGY 15
Chapter- 10: OPTICAL COATINGS 11
Chapter- 11: LIFE SCIENCES AND OTHER MARKET SECTORS 13
Chapter- 12: GLOBAL INDUSTRY STRUCTURE 38
Chapter- 13: U.S. PATENT ANALYSIS 67
List of Tables
List of Figures
Explore Comprehensive list of Tables and Figures available in the report @http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/146403-global-markets-technologies-and-materials-for-thin-and-ultrathin-films.html
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Thin and Ultrathin Films Materials MarketSemiconductor Market Research ReportsElectronics Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- Vitamins and Provitamins - Top 5 European Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Special Steel Industry
- ReportsnReports: Emerging Opportunities and Growth Prospects in the Mexican Travel Intermediaries Industry, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
- ReportsnReports - The Future of Italian Foodservice Industry to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Germany – The Future of HNWIs to 2016: Wealth in the Powerhouse of Europe
- ReportsnReports: 2012 Deep Research Report on China PV Power Station Operator
- ReportsnReports: The Future of Retailing in Chile to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology
- ReportsnReports: Amusement Park Foodservice Trends in the U.S.
- ReportsnReports - Battery Control Technology: Global Markets