ReportsnReports: Global Markets and Technologies for Bioplastics -- Focus on Europe
25-Feb-2012 | News-Press Release
The focus of this report is on plastics made from renewable resources such as biomass or food crops. There is even some potential development of bioplastics from animal resources. Plastics that may be potentially made from waste carbon dioxide are reviewed because of their potential impact on bioplastics, but their data is not included in the forecasts presented here. Bioplastics are further defined here as polymer materials that are produced by synthesizing—chemically or biologically—materials that contain renewable organic materials. Natural organic materials that are not chemically modified (e.g., wood composites) are excluded.
The report includes the use of renewable resources to create monomers that replace petroleum-based monomers, such as feedstocks made from sugarcane that are used to manufacture polyester and polyethylene. Ethanol, a major product in Brazil, is one small chemical step from ethylene.
The rapid emergence of bioplastics is one of the major materials stories in recent years. Once billed as biodegradable plastics, the theme for renewably sourced plastics has shifted dramatically in recent years to sustainability. To maximize market impact, the growing trend is to compound biobased plastics with oil-based plastics to extend their reach into markets for durable products used in cars and cell phones, among other applications. The focus has shifted away from contribution to the solid waste stream and toward total carbon footprint.
• The global use of bioplastics was 0.64 million metric tons in 2010 and 0.85 million metric tons in 2011. BCC expects that the use of bioplastics will increase up to 3.7 million metric tons by 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 34.3%.
• The European market segment accounted for around 34% of the global market in 2010 and was nearly 0.21 million metric tons. This segment increased to 0.3 million metric tons in 2011 and will further grow to 1.2 million metric tons in 2016, a CAGR of 32.1%.
• The German bioplastics market was 64,000 metric tons in 2010, and was nearly 83,000 metric tons by the end of 2011. BCC expects this market to reach 320,000 metric tons by 2016, a CAGR of 31%.
Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report European Bioplastics Market
Goals and objectives of this study include:
• Identifying trends that will affect use of bioplastics and their major end-use application markets.
• Reviewing, analyzing and forecasting specific end markets for bioplastics by material types, with sections devoted to each type of renewably sourced plastic.
• Analyzing and forecasting market developments regarding major applications for bioplastics, including packaging, automotive, electrical/electronic, medical, building and construction.
• Profiling many of the most important suppliers of bioplastics, including resin producers and compounders.
Major points covered in Table of Contents of this report include:
Chapter- 1: INTRODUCTION – Complimentary
Chapter- 2: SUMMARY
Chapter- 3: THE BIOPLASTICS INDUSTRY
Chapter- 4: BIOPLASTICS BY RESIN TYPE
Chapter- 5: GLOBAL OUTLOOK FOR BIOPLASTICS
Chapter- 6: EUROPEAN BIOPLASTICS MARKET
Chapter- 7: BIOPLASTIC PROCESSING TECHNOLOGIES
Chapter- 8: MARKET ESTIMATES AND FORECASTS
Chapter- 9: APPLICATIONS
Chapter- 10: ISSUES FACING BIOPLASTICS
Chapter- 11: STANDARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Chapter- 12: COMPANY PROFILES
Chapter- 13: APPENDIX A: LEADING BIOPLASTICS TRADE GROUPS
Chapter- 14: APPENDIX B: IMPORTANT ACRONYMS RELATED TO BIOPLASTICS
Chapter- 15: APPENDIX C: SELECTED GLOSSARY OF TERMS
List of Tables
List of Figures
Explore Comprehensive list of Tables and Figures available in the report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/148896-global-markets-and-technologies-for-bioplastics-focus-on-europe.html
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- European Bioplastics MarketChemicals Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- Vitamins and Provitamins - Top 5 European Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Special Steel Industry
- ReportsnReports: Emerging Opportunities and Growth Prospects in the Mexican Travel Intermediaries Industry, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
- ReportsnReports - The Future of Italian Foodservice Industry to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Germany – The Future of HNWIs to 2016: Wealth in the Powerhouse of Europe
- ReportsnReports: 2012 Deep Research Report on China PV Power Station Operator
- ReportsnReports: The Future of Retailing in Chile to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology
- ReportsnReports: Amusement Park Foodservice Trends in the U.S.
- ReportsnReports - Battery Control Technology: Global Markets