ReportsnReports: Smart Meters to 2016
03-Mar-2012 | News-Press Release
Smart meter product and service demand in the US is projected to increase more than eleven percent annually to $4.4 billion in 2016. Advances will be driven by the rising penetration of smart meters, particularly advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) products. In addition, the rising share of smart meters in use over the decade supports demand for related parts and services as well as for replacement of older models.
This study covers the US market for smart meter products and services, defined here to include smart meters (both advanced metering infrastructure, or AMI, and automatic meter reading, or AMR, products); smart meter parts and accessories (e.g., meter and control software, and communications modules and controls) and smart meter installation and integration services. These meter products are used by utilities to measure customer usage and are sometimes referred to as “revenue meters.” Metering devices used to measure fluid or electric flows in industrial or commercial processes as well as sensing and measure devices used in a utilities’ transmission or distribution networks are excluded from this report.
Electric market to outpace natural gas, water segments
The penetration rates between the different segments of the market are expected to rise at different paces, with the electric market seeing the fastest increases, rising eight percent annually to 75 percent of all electric meters installed by 2016. In addition, the electric market will see the fastest increases in AMI penetration, with AMI meters expected to be more than half of all smart meters installed in the electric segment by 2016.
Reflecting the rapid increases in meter penetration, demand for smart meters will also increase most rapidly in the electric market, with gains of twelve percent annually through 2016. While not rising as fast as in the electric market, demand in both the natural gas and water segments will also increase rapidly, approaching ten percent annually in each of those markets.
Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report US Smart Meters Market
In addition, the study discusses construction, electric supply and demand, technology, regulatory and other market environment factors. Historical data are provided for 2001, 2006 and 2011, with forecasts for 2016 and 2021. Demand is provided in US dollars and number of units for the major types of smart meters and in dollar terms for related parts and services, as well as for the major markets (i.e., electric, water and natural gas utilities), applications (residential and nonresidential) and US geographic regions.
Major points covered in Table of Contents of this report include:
I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
II. MARKET ENVIRONMENT
III. REGULATIONS & TECHNOLOGY
VII. INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
List Of Tables
List Of Charts
Explore Reports related to Semiconductor and Electronics @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/semiconductor-and-electronics/
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Smart Meters MarketSemiconductor Market Research ReportsElectronics Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- ReportsnReports: LTE and LTE-Advanced Devices: Market Share, Key Trends, Vendor Strategies, Shipments, Revenue
- ReportsnReports: World FLNG Investments and Industry Outlook to 2016- FLNG to witness Rapid Growth to 2020
- ReportsnReports: Construction Market in Slovakia 2012
- ReportsnReports - Polish Packaging Industry Outlook to 2016I
- ReportsnReports: Food Bars in the U.S. - Trends in Cereal/Granola Bars and Energy/Nutrition Bars
- ReportsnReports - Advances in Ion Channel Drug Discovery
- ReportsnReports: Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) Industry - Global Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape
- ReportsnReports: Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes Market to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Competitive Benchmarking of Decorative Coatings Companies in Asia Pacific
- ReportsnReports: Market Opportunities and Business Strategies in Private Label Branding in Brazil