ReportsnReports: Food Bars in the U.S. - Trends in Cereal/Granola Bars and Energy/Nutrition Bars
12-Apr-2012 | News-Press Release
Food bars have been making noise in the marketplace recently, posting double-digit growth rates for successful product types. Reasons for this surge include a wave of new product launches, increased sophistication in marketing bars to different consumer sets, and continued innovation in delivery formats. Eating trends such as the blurring of meals and snacks, an emphasis on portion control, and increasingly informal, spur-of-the-moment, and customized eating all favor the food bar market.
A main trend in the food bar market overall is the blurring of distinctions between cereal/granola bars and energy/nutrition bars. Broadly speaking, cereal/granola bars are focusing more on nutrition and incorporating functional ingredients (such as added protein or fiber), while energy/nutrition bars are incorporating ever more creative and decadent formulations to make them more appetizing.
Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report US Food Bar Market
Although overall the cereal bar segment has seen little growth beyond that achieved through price increases, new products continue to be introduced to meet more targeted consumer needs. Cereal bar manufacturers are targeting consumers who wish to move away from treats and are looking for a workout energy boost, a nutritious snack or even a fast meal replacement option. Over the past few years, cereal bars with reduced calories, fat or sugar have performed quite well, although the number of product introductions with these claims has fallen sharply in the last five years. Manufacturers are addressing more sophisticated concerns, such as creating products to supplement perceived nutritional deficits that might be incurred in a weight-loss program. High-protein, low-carbohydrate or balanced-gastrointestinal formulations have seen good growth.
In the energy/nutrition bar category, new flavor and ingredient introductions along with improvements in taste and mouthfeel have made the future of these products look a lot more interesting. Among the functional ingredients that manufacturers are using to vary the nutrition bar formula are CoQ10, L-carnitine, omega-3, resveratrol, and vitamin K2.
Major points covered in Table of Contents of this report include:
Chapter 1: Executive Summary
Chapter 2: Food Bar Market Overview
Chapter 3: The Cereal/Granola Bar Category
Chapter 4: The Energy/Nutrition Bar Category
Browse reports related to Food & Beverages @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/food-and-beverages/
TX, Dallas North – Dominion Plaza,
17304, Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas 75252.
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Food Bar MarketFood Market Research ReportsBeverages Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- ReportsnReports: LTE and LTE-Advanced Devices: Market Share, Key Trends, Vendor Strategies, Shipments, Revenue
- ReportsnReports: World FLNG Investments and Industry Outlook to 2016- FLNG to witness Rapid Growth to 2020
- ReportsnReports: Construction Market in Slovakia 2012
- ReportsnReports - Polish Packaging Industry Outlook to 2016I
- ReportsnReports - Advances in Ion Channel Drug Discovery
- ReportsnReports: Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) Industry - Global Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape
- ReportsnReports: Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes Market to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Competitive Benchmarking of Decorative Coatings Companies in Asia Pacific
- ReportsnReports: Market Opportunities and Business Strategies in Private Label Branding in Brazil
- ReportsnReports: Germany Foodservice - The Future of Foodservice in Germany to 2016