InterContinental Hotels Group: Building a presence in China's booming hotel market
26-Apr-2012 | General Article (Non-News)
China’s hotel industry has shown strong growth for several years, driven by increasing domestic tourism as well as rising numbers of overseas visitors. Western hotel chains are increasing their presence in this market, and InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is one of the longest-established and largest such players. http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/travel-and-tourism-market-research-report/intercontinental-hotels-group-building-a-presence-in-china%E2%80%99s-booming-hotel-market.html
Features and benefits
* MarketLine Case Studies describe topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions.
* Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, they explain the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends. Market Research
The Chinese hotels market is growing strongly in value, and is forecast to continue to do so. The volume of domestic tourism, in terms of person-trip numbers, is expanding, as is the smaller international visitor volume.
The Chinese market is not immune to the impact of recession and may risk oversupply of hotel accommodation.
Domestic players dominate in terms of hotel numbers, but international chains are increasing their presence. IHG was the first such multinational, opening a hotel in Beijing in 1984. By 2011, it had 167 hotels in its operational portfolio.
Your key questions answered
* Why are Western hotel chains increasing their presence in China?
* What is driving growth in the Chinese hotels market?
* Which are the leading domestic and foreign hotel chains operating in China?
* What business model is used by InterContinental Hotels Group?
China offers growth opportunities for Western hotel chains
China is one of the fastest-growing hotel markets in the world
Domestic demand for tourism is increasing, driven by rising real wages
The number of overseas visitors to China is also growing rapidly
China’s hotel market decelerated significantly during the global recession of 2009
Even in a buoyant market, oversupply of hotels may intensify competition
IHG is one of the largest chains in China
Domestic player Home Inns is the largest in the fragmented hotel sector
IHG entered the market in 1984 and is expanding rapidly
In 2011, China accounted for 12% of revenues and 8% of rooms for IHG
The company has fine-tuned its strategy
Hotel chains may own, directly manage, or franchise their hotels
IHG directly manages almost all its Chinese hotels
Brand is important in the chain hotel sector
IHG has achieved a strong position in a growing market
Ask the analyst
For more information kindly visit :
InterContinental Hotels Group: Building a presence in China’s booming hotel market
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Research on Global and China Epoxy Resin Industry Chain Report
- The Geothermal Energy Market 2012-2022
- Adhesives and Sealants: Global Markets
- Dermatological Drugs: World Market Prospects 2012-2022
- The Electric and Range Extended Electric Light-Vehicle Report
- India Urban & Industrial Waste to Energy Market
- Understanding Russia's Regional Health Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Wind Bearing Industry
- Top 1000 Advertising Agents (European)
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Switzerland to 2016