FHFA New Rules To Speed Up Short Sale Process - Marshall Carrasco - Reno, NV Short Sale Expert
02-May-2012 | News-Press Release
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) has directed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to develop strategies to speed up the short sales process in order to help more homeowners avoid foreclosure.
Marshall Carrasco – Reno, NV #1 Short Sale Expert believes the new regulations, timelines and processes will significantly improve and speed up the short sale process and will help property owners facing foreclosure.
“FHFA and the Enterprises are committed to enhancing the short sales and deeds-in-lieu process as additional tools to prevent foreclosure, keep homes occupied and help maintain stable communities,” said FHFA Acting Director Edward J. DeMarco. “These timeline and borrower communication announcements set minimum standards and provide clear expectations regarding these important foreclosure alternatives.”
Starting June, mortgage servicers must review and respond to requests for short sales within 30 days.
According to the FHFA new release dated 17th April 2012 - servicers will be required to do the following:
- review and respond to requests for short sales within 30 calendar days from receipt of a short sale offer and a complete borrower response package;
- provide weekly status updates to the borrower if the short sale offer is still under review after 30 calendar days;
- make and communicate final decisions to the borrower within 60 calendar days of receipt of the offer and complete borrower response package.
A short sale may be a good option for property owners facing foreclosure. The benefits of a short sale often include
- Less damage to your credit than a foreclosure. A short sale is not reported on your credit history. A foreclosure is reported and stays on your credit for up to 10 years.
- A homeowner who successfully negotiates a short sale may be considered for a Fannie Mae backed mortgage after only 2 years. A foreclosure makes the homeowner ineligible for a minimum of 5 years.
- Lenders may consider the sale price as “paid in full” forgiving the deficiency
Marshall Carrasco is a short sale expert and owner of Marshall Realty. Marshall Realty provides Short Sale, Foreclosure and Real Estate Services in Reno, NV. A top producer in the Washoe area, Marshall has been successfully helping his clients to purchase and sell homes for over 14 years.
What separates Marshall Realty from the rest is our resources and contacts. We have developed relationships with Consumer Credit Affiliates, The Bank of America Reno help center, Wells Fargo Executive Offices for Loss Mitigation, Senator Reid's Foreclosure Prevention Taskforce, among others. We have direct contacts with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD. Our goal has been to become a total resource for homeowner's in the entire Washoe Valley.
9740 S. McCarran Blvd #103
Reno, NV 89523
Phone: (775) 787-7400
Website URL : http://marshallrealty.net/
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- FHFA GuidelinesFederal Housing Finance Agency fannie maefreddie macshort salesprocessnew rulesforeclosurehousing marketMarshall RealtyMarshall CarrascoRenoNV
- Washoe County, NV Home Short Sale Expert Marshall Carrasco explains the Short Sale Process
- Homeowners Facing Foreclosure in Reno, NV must know about Short Sale ! What is a Short Sale ?
- North Valleys, NV Home Short Sale Expert Marshall Carrasco explains the Short Sale Process
- Marshall Carrasco, #1 Short Sale Expert in Reno, NV publishes eBook on Short Sale Process
- Marshall Carrasco, #1 Short Sale Expert in Reno, NV Reveals Top Loan Modification Mistakes
- 10 Best Ways To Stop Foreclosure From Marshall Carrasco, #1 Short Sale Expert In Vistas, NV
- Carson City, NV Homeowners Facing Foreclosure must know about Short Sale ! What is a Short Sale ?
- Top 10 Best Ways To Avoid Foreclosure From Marshall Carrasco, #1 Short Sale Expert In Carson City, NV
- Top 5 Loan Modification Mistakes and How to Avoid Them from Marshall Carrasco, #1 Short sale expert in Reno, NV
- FHFA New Rules Speeds Up Short Sale Process - Marshall Carrasco - Short Sale Expert in Reno, NV