Diabetes Therapeutics Market to 2017
17-May-2012 | General Article (Non-News)
"Diabetes Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Better Glycemic Control and Reduced Potential Risk of Hypoglycemia to Increase the Market Share of DPP-IV Inhibitors and GLP-1 Agonists" which provides insights into diabetes therapeutics sales and price forecasts until 2017. The report also examines the global diabetes therapies’ treatment usage patterns. The report covers the key geographies of the US, the top five countries in the European region, and Japan. Insights into the diabetes research and development pipeline and the potential future blockbusters by 2017 are included. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the two diabetes therapeutic indications, which are Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. In addition, it includes market forecasts and treatment usage patterns for these two therapeutic indications. The report also explores the competitive landscape, including benchmarking for the top companies in the market. Finally, a key trend analysis for mergers and acquisitions and licensing agreements involving diabetes therapies is also presented.
The global diabetes market is growing rapidly due to the increasing diabetes population in the developed countries of the US, the UK and Germany. In 2010, the global diabetes market was estimated at $29.3 billion, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.0% between 2003 and 2010. The diabetes Type 2 market, with sales worth $21.0 billion in 2010, accounted for 72% of the total diabetes market. Insulin analogues dominated the market, followed by oral hypoglycemic agents. By 2017, the global diabetes therapeutics market is forecast to record $47.2 billion, representing a CAGR of 7.1% between 2010 and 2017. The Type 1 diabetes market is expected to account for $13.2 billion, and the Type 2 diabetes market is expected to account for $34.0 billion in 2017. http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/healthcare-market-research-report/diabetes-therapeutics-market-to-2017-better-glycemic-control-and-reduced-potential-risk-of-hypoglycemia-to-increase-the-market-share-of-dpp-iv-inhibitors-and-glp-1-agonists.html
GBI Research finds that the global diabetes therapeutics market is dominated by Novo Nordisk, Sanofi and Takeda, which contribute almost 60% of the market share in the global diabetes market. The competitive landscape in the market is set to change due to the success of recent launches and the potential success of new drugs that will be launched during the period 2010-2017. The market will also be impacted by the decline in the sales of leading products such as GlaxoSmithKline’s Avandia and Takeda’s Actos. Market Research
GBI Research estimates that the market share of Eli Lilly and Merck in the diabetes market will increase due to the potential success of Teplizumab, which is in Phase III, and Januvia, which was launched in 2006. In addition, Novo Nordisk’s Victoza is expected to give tough competition to Merck’s Januvia and is expected to generate sales of $1.4 billion by 2014.
- Data and analysis on the diabetes therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world – the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Annualized market data for the diabetes therapeutics market from 2003 to 2010, with forecasts to 2017 for Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
- Market data on the geographical landscape and therapeutic landscape, including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, and treatment usage patterns such as prevalence population, treatment seeking population, diagnosed population and prescription population.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market.
- Market share analysis of the top companies and the drug classes in 2010 and their forecasts in 2017.
- Competitive landscape of the global diabetes therapeutics market including top companies benchmarking. The key companies studied in this report are Novo Nordisk, Sanofi, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Eli Lilly, Merck, GlaxoSmithKline and Amylin Pharmaceuticals.
Reasons to buy
- Build effective strategies to launch their pipeline products by identifying potential geographies.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that can fill their portfolio gaps.
- Align the product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the leading therapeutic segments and geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules with increased efficiency and better safety profiles.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas of leading companies.
Merck & Co Inc
For more information kindly visit :
Diabetes Therapeutics Market to 2017
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Research on Global and China Epoxy Resin Industry Chain Report
- The Geothermal Energy Market 2012-2022
- Adhesives and Sealants: Global Markets
- Dermatological Drugs: World Market Prospects 2012-2022
- The Electric and Range Extended Electric Light-Vehicle Report
- India Urban & Industrial Waste to Energy Market
- Understanding Russia's Regional Health Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Wind Bearing Industry
- Top 1000 Advertising Agents (European)
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Switzerland to 2016