The Zombies Love TV, Created TVHound iPhone, iPad to Fuel Their Obsession
20-May-2012 | News-Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pink Zombie Studios' TVHound is Now Available
Singapore 18 May 2012 - The undead workers at Pink Zombie Studios have been at it again. Locked in their dungeon, with televisions blaring, during the commercial breaks, the zombies worked in secret to bring us a new app, one that fuels their obsession with television and movies.
"We had no idea what the zombies were working on. We knew they loved television. They watch it 24/7, what with never sleeping. But without brains, our poor zombies can't keep track of when their favourite shows are on, which must be why they created TVHound," says Fahim Farook, human and live leader of the Pink Zombie team.
TVHound enables a user, whether alive or undead, to track their favourite shows and see when an episode will be shown, to see episode and show or movie information, see what's trending, and so much more. Those zombies really packed in the features on this one...
A user can look at which shows or movies are trending; search for shows or movies; mark shows, episodes, and movies as seen; and use the Your Shows feature to see upcoming shows and movies.
The zombies even added in hints for every screen. How considerate of them.
- The Your Shows screen will display a list of episodes and movies according to date it will air along with a thumbnail of the show, the episode name, the date and time it will air, and which television station and country it will air in.
- The Calendar screen displays a listing of all upcoming shows, regardless of whether or not it's on your watch list.
- Search for episodes, television shows, and movies.
- The Watched screen displays a list of all shows and movies you've marked as seen.
- Trending displays shows and movies that are popular.
- Settings displays settings for turning Facebook and Twitter sharing on or off and resets hints so they're back on for all screens. Also, you can use the Feedback button to report bugs or make feature requests.
- Detailed hints show up for every screen to help you get the most out of TVHound.
- From every episodes listing, whether in the Your Shows, Calendar, Search, Watched, or Trending lists, you can
- Tap on an episode, show, or movie for more detailed information.
- Mark individual television episodes, shows (all episodes), and movies as seen. A green check mark will appear beside the episode listing if you've marked it as seen, whereas a red X will appear if the episode has not been seen yet.
- Tap the IMDB button to see more information on the show or movie. If you have the IMDB iOS app installed, the button will open the IMDB app to the correct page. Otherwise, your mobile browser will open to the IMDB site, showing you the correct page for the show or movie.
- Add television shows and movies to your Watchlist. Changed your mind? You can remove them, too.
- Watch Trailers of movies - you'll be ported to the Youtube app for that.
- Use the calendar function to change the date range.
- Check in through trakt.tv to facebook and/or twitter with what you're watching.
- Compatible with iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S), iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad.
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later
- 3.0 MB
Pricing and Availability
TVHound 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Pink Zombie Studios: http://www.pinkzombiestudios.com/
TVHound 1.0: http://pinkzombiestudios.com/tvhound/
Download from iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tvhound/id523485838?mt=8
App Icon: http://pinkzombiestudios.com/media/4013-tvhound/icon-100.jpg or http://pinkzombiestudios.com/media/4013-tvhound/icon-512.png
About Pink Zombie Studios
Pink Zombie Studios. Bringing games to life.
Pink Zombie Studios is a brand collaboration between Fahim Farook of RookSoft Ltd and Erick Garayblas of Kuyi Mobile. Pink Zombie Studios aims to develop fun and colourful games and apps for mobile platforms including iOS and Android. Copyright (C) 2012 Pink Zombie Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- No other releases.