Samui Thailand Ready to Welcome Tourists Back
21-May-2011 | News-Press Release
The first mission to restore Samui from flooding has been accomplished with the full cooperation of The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), the Samui Municipality, the Samui Tourism Promotion Association, the Thai Hotel Association (South-East Chapter), Bangkok Airways and related agencies.
“This teamwork will convey a clear message of how the residents of Koh Samui love and care for their home. And Koh Samui itself has an international level of safety standards; therefore tourists can visit Samui at anytime of year,” said Koh Samui Mayor Mr. Ramnate Jaikwang.
The Head of the Tourism Coordination Center in Samui, Ms. Saipayom Somsuk, commented:
“Actually, Koh Samui, Koh Tao, and Koh Pha Ngan have recovered and been back to normal since March 31st. The overall conditions from now to the summer are likely to get as warm as 35 degrees Celsius. All transportation means and public utilities are now operated as usual.”
M.L. Nandhika Varavarn, Bangkok Airways’ Vice President - Corporate Communications said, “Samui is back in business and is ready to welcome its tourists back for summer. And to encourage the travelers, Bangkok Airways will launch a special – all inclusive return fare Bangkok-Samui of 4,300 baht. Passengers can also grab this deal through Bangkok Airways’ website www.bangkokair.com
Moreover, the Tourism Authority of Thailand will launch a series of events to promote Samui and other tourist spots in southern Thailand, which will include:
- Amazing Coasts South: A consumer travel fair to be held at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center in Bangkok May 26-29, 2011, to assist and support companies which have been affected by the floods.
- Motor Caravan: To be organized in July 2011 along the Bangkok - Surat Thani – Nakhon Si Thammarat route to show that the roads are now in good condition and back to normal.
- TAT Golf Challenge 2011 @ Surat Thani: To be held at Ratchaprapa Dam in May 2011 to highlight the diversity of golf activities in the southern region.
- Environmental Activities: A Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)-driven activity to be held in June 2011 by building 84 weirs on Samui in order to alleviate future flooding in the area.
- Promoting the domestic MICE sector: A group of domestic MICE buyers to be taken on a survey trip in June 2011, in cooperation with the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau, to survey the readiness of the region to handle MICE activities.
- Visit South Thailand with TAT and Bangkok Mass Transit System (BTS): Promotional activities on weekdays during the “Green Season” for BTS Skytrain cardholders, to be co-organized with the Bangkok Mass Transit System and Voyage Magazine.
- Agents and Media Fam Trip: Taking agents and tour operators from various associations, including the media, to survey the southern areas and generate opportunities for creating new recovery-themed packages. “Visit South… Help South” to be offered during the Green Season. This will be organized in May and June 2011.
- Cycling Tour: To be organized in July 2011 to highlight one of the fast-growing niche markets for cycling enthusiasts along the Chumphon – Ranong route.
TAT also provide practical advice and useful information for travelers on www.thailandtourismupdate.com
Further information :
Email : TourismUpdate@tat.or.th
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- TAT Launches iPhone Application for ThailandMedTourism.com
- Thai doctors find Etawanlisepriyong beneficial for treating pain
- Thailand Medical Tourism Guidebook Released by TAT & MasterCard®
- Ministry of Science announces successful development of first dengue vaccine
- Shopping in Thailand – Well Worth the Trip!
- Halal Food in Thailand – Certified Tasty
- TAT expands social media marketing, launches "Smile Land" games
- VISA and the Tourism Authority of Thailand Join Hands to Host the 2011 Amazing Thailand Grand Sale