G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
01-Mar-2012 | News-Press Release
San Francisco, CA March 1, 2012 - G5 Entertainment, the leading publisher of immensely popular casual and social games for mobile devices, today reported five-fold growth in mobile game downloads in 2011. The total number of downloads of G5's games recently surpassed 40 million, continuing to increase at impressive rates.
Additionally, G5 Entertainment's Kindle Fire game downloads surpassed 1 million downloads since the launch of the new mobile platform in November 2011. Analysts put the sales figures of the Kindle Fire between 4 and 6 million units, meaning that on average 1 out of every 5 Kindle Fire owners has downloaded a game from G5.
It comes as no surprise that, as a result, the share price of G5 Entertainment (that is publicly listed in Stockholm, Sweden) grew more than 10 times in the past 18 months. In 2012, the company plans to release over 50 games on iOS and Android. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with offices in San Francisco, Moscow, and Kharkov, G5 develops original games like Virtual City Playground and partners with over 30 studios worldwide to bring their games to mobile platforms.
About G5 Entertainment AB
G5 Entertainment AB is a developer and publisher of high quality downloadable games for iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, Mac, and portable game consoles like Sony PSP and Nintendo DSi. G5 develops and publishes games that are family-friendly, easy to learn, and targeted at the widest audience of experienced and novice players. G5 owns a number of popular game franchises like Virtual City, Supermarket Mania, Stand O'Food, and Mahjong Artifacts, and invests in creating new games and bringing established franchises to new gaming platforms.
For further information, visit G5 Entertainment's website, G5 Entertainment's YouTube channel, G5's Facebook, Google+ and Twitter pages. Marketing materials for the game are available at ftp://ftp.g5e.com/PR/.
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!
- G5 Games Releases Virtual City Playground Halloween Update