Bihar Government entrusts CORE Education to digitalize primary education within the state
08-Aug-2012 | News-Press Release
· MUMBAI, August 6, 2012: India’s leading global education company, CORE Education & Technologies (CORE Education) (BSE: 512199) has informed the stock exchange that Bihar State Government has signed a Letter of Intent with the company to provide computer aided learning solutions in 168 schools across eight districts, such as Nalanda, Jamul, Nawada, Lakhisarai, Sheikhpura, Khagarai, Saharsa and Begusarai. The total value of the project is Rs. 22 Crore. With this project, CORE Education is providing education solutions to over 10,000 Government schools in India.
Speaking on the occasion Mr. Sanjeev Mansotra, Chairman & Global CEO, CORE Education & Technologies said, “We are very excited on winning this contract as it marks the entry of our operations in Bihar. With this project CORE will take another step towards accomplishing our dream of making education more relevant, comprehensive and accessible for young students across social strata. This prestigious project reiterates CORE Education being the partner of choice for Governments not just in US and UK but also across the developing nations.”
The Bihar Government, which is taking rapid strides towards development of the state, has selected CORE Education as its partner for this project which intends to make quality education accessible to students in even the remotest corner of the state. This move will fulfill the dream of the poor students by giving them access to modern technology enabled education.
CORE Education will impart digital literacy training not only to over 10,000 students but also to over 1500 teachers in the state. CORE is also mandated to develop physical infrastructure for training centers, supply hardware, software and manpower to install and maintain the establishments. To ensure smooth execution of the project and to uphold the high level standards, CORE will put together a strong team of 177 people under the supervision of an experienced project manager.
About CORE Education & Technologies Limited
CORE Education & Technologies Limited (www.core-edutech.com) is a global leader in education, with global headquarters in Atlanta, US and corporate headquarters in Mumbai, India. CORE has formed long-term associations with the Governments in the US, the UK and India, amongst many others. Its operations cover 46 states in USA, 40 educational departments in the UK, 15 Indian states, 2 Caribbean countries and 10 countries in Middle East and Africa region. CORE’s world-class offerings are spread across the entire continuum of education – K-12, Skill Development, Higher Education – thereby impacting the entire life-cycle of education.
CORE today works with more than 34 million students worldwide, has trained & placed 105,000 teachers and partnered 88,000 schools across the world. Breakthrough innovations and research-driven technology solutions have helped CORE improve education systems across the world. The company has partnered with some of the world’s most prestigious organizations such as the University of Oxford (UK), the Centre of Higher Learning, NASA; Texas Instruments, among others. Listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange & National Stock Exchange, CORE’s FY ’12 revenue stood at Rs.1637 million ($342 million). CORE is a CMMi level 5 and ISO 9001:2008 certified company achieving a CAGR of 61% between FY ’06 – ‘12.
For more information on CORE Education and Technologies Ltd and its activities, please visit www.core-edutech.com
For further information, kindly contact:
Ramkumar S. Uppara | Sr. Manager – Corporate Communication & PR
Core Education & Technologies Ltd.
Mobile: +91 98201 77907, BBM Pin: 27B01D05
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anil Mathews | Associate Director
Mobile: +91 98204 80317
Email ID: email@example.com
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- CORE Education revenue up by 48%, EBTIDA up by 53%
- INDIA SPICES UP 2012 OZASIA FESTIVAL PROGRAM
- Thomas Cook India expands- 26 new locations, 15 cities pan India
- “There’s Nothing Like Australia”
- ‘Holidays are now so entrenched in the Indian traveller's DNA,’ says Madhav Pai- Thomas Cook India
- Tourism Australia Launches ‘World’s First’ Facebook App Allowing Travellers To Discover Australia
- Tourism Australia to host six city Destination Training Program
- Tourism Australia to host India Mega Famil & Workshop
- CORE Education listed in Forbes Asia’s 200 Best under a Billion
- Core Education eyes GCC